Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread - Page 40 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder: Kingmaker » Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

Default Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

January 12th, 2019, 22:57
Din anyone finished it as pure evil? Sadly its way too long for a replay, i finished it after around 95h. WOuld have been cool a playthrough where you kill everyone haha; and the final part of the game would have been insane without your companions.
--
Favorite Game: Gothic II
My steam profile

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

January 13th, 2019, 02:11
I always like to enhance my experience with added background and ending write-ups for my characters. I was overall happy with the ending but decided I wanted my own fairy tale ending so I did a little post-game write-up for fun Spoilers since it is what happened after the ending for Fenn.

Busy working away on my Ranger Tiefling now - doing a bit better now that I know how things work so actually playing on a custom mix of challenging/normal.

I hate waddling so I use the option to not let encumbrance slow the party down. I also just find all the debuffs annoying so use the removal on rest option. But other than that I tried to make everything around 1:1 meaning damage, effects, etc. are equal between me and the enemy as that seems the most fair.

Love these pumpkins!

Sylvan Sorcerer King of the Stolen Lands

Spoiler
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)

January 13th, 2019, 04:22
Originally Posted by Charna View Post
Yeah, that's what bothered me about this ending.
I think you can retry the check if you have new characters in your party that haven't made the roll yet, so maybe try taking Jaethal along just for the trip?
Since the Watch was down, I just decided to wait for project to be finished and see if I can make it before the timer - and I did! I think the key is, just do everything as soon as possible (go back to capital as soon as HoR is over, start the kingdom project, then finish the story book, and head straight to the tomb once project is done).

Originally Posted by porcozaur View Post
Din anyone finished it as pure evil? Sadly its way too long for a replay, i finished it after around 95h. WOuld have been cool a playthrough where you kill everyone haha; and the final part of the game would have been insane without your companions.
I was tempted but I usually can't keep up with evil choices. You should be able to google some up - apparently, the evil runs are surprisingly good. Or, you can try the evil run maybe later this year after the break

@wolfgrimdark Love your write up! I will probably post a few screenies here soon as well And I love the pumpkins too <3
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)

January 13th, 2019, 05:32
Here are the screenshot of my memorable moments in Kingmaker:

Minor (or non) spoiler:

Spoiler

Major spoiler!!! Only view if you finished the game:

Spoiler
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

January 14th, 2019, 02:16
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
Here are the screenshot of my memorable moments in Kingmaker:
Really nice collection - enjoyed seeing them. I like the two angel wings shot. Also the rescue of the animal - I never came across that or if I did I don't remember.

The image below this line "This was one of my favorite quest of all" is also nice but yet another event I completely missed somehow, even after 120 hours. Maybe I will come across it with my Ranger.

I agree that castle is beautiful.

On the last in the spoiler .. Fenn was simply too good to do that so left it alone. I really stick to my characters belief system as much as possible which often means missing some options, loot, or quests.

A good friend from Germany is playing it now and we talk daily on Discord. It is great chatting with him as we compare notes on his game and Fenn's (my guy). He is playing a female CN character based on his Skyrim character - a somewhat dark ranger (in Skyrim she is a greater vampire so in PK he named his capital Castle Volkihar after the Dawnguard castle) - along with a self-made team based on his main characters friends (he also writes stories like I do). I named my kingdom after the home realm of my main Skyrim character as well, which is the Twilight Forest.

He takes a very different approach and always surprised how different his options and results are from my own - as well as the many different dialogue options. Even if sometimes the end result is the same it is very fun being able to take different paths. Often times, however, the end results are also different.

He is about half-way through chapter 5 so eager to see how he does in the rest.

My new ranger just finished helping Oleg and is off to find a certain annoying purple gnome.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)

January 14th, 2019, 04:46
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark View Post
Really nice collection - enjoyed seeing them. I like the two angel wings shot.
Thanks!

Also the rescue of the animal - I never came across that or if I did I don't remember.
Spoiler

The image below this line "This was one of my favorite quest of all" is also nice but yet another event I completely missed somehow, even after 120 hours. Maybe I will come across it with my Ranger.
Spoiler

A good friend from Germany is playing it now and we talk daily on Discord. It is great chatting with him as we compare notes on his game and Fenn's (my guy).

He takes a very different approach and always surprised how different his options and results are from my own - as well as the many different dialogue options. Even if sometimes the end result is the same it is very fun being able to take different paths. Often times, however, the end results are also different.
That's so awesome, would love to hear his impression as well I love how we all are present with same choices but our perceived experience can be so very different. I'm also comparing notes with my hubby
--

purpleblob

Princess

January 14th, 2019, 09:49
I'm trying to get all possible artisans this time around. Wow, some of them require evil decisions - you will miss out on some if you stick to your alignment, I like this a lot.
--

purpleblob

Princess

January 15th, 2019, 12:44
I would so much like to go through all the tips/tricks posts in this discussion but I didnt yet finish the game, so I really, really do not want any spoiler before that happens. It seems Im just at the end of chapter 4, which probably means Im still far from end and at the same time that im getting to buggy and unfinished part of the game (scared).

This is actually my second playthrough as first one I put on stand-by during 4th chapter because I didnt manage to keep under control this feeling that I could do things so much better :-) Anyway, had Paladin for my first game (now on stand-by) and really loved it. Probably more then Wizard, who was my choice for second playthrough. Im determined to really finish it this time but I already know another playthrough will be inevitable.

Still cannot believe this game holds me in its clutches so strongly even after i sunk 260 hrs into it. Didnt happen for so many years to me with any game. Real gaming holiday to me.

Andrew23

Sentinel

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

January 15th, 2019, 13:31
Is there a way to put a stack of scrolls in your hotbar? Or so that when I use one it gets replaced with another scroll form my inventory of the same type.

Lemonhead

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

January 15th, 2019, 22:36
@Andrew23 Fortune favours the brave Continue on to chapter 5 and join us in Kingmaker discussion!

Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
Is there a way to put a stack of scrolls in your hotbar? Or so that when I use one it gets replaced with another scroll form my inventory of the same type.
Not that I know of Maybe there is a mod for this?
--

purpleblob

Princess

January 16th, 2019, 00:19
The only mod I want, is one which allows me to exit the throne room directly to the world map!!
--
If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)

January 16th, 2019, 00:47
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
The only mod I want, is one which allows me to exit the throne room directly to the world map!!
Arhu listed one a few pages back:

Exit to Map: lets you go directly to the world map from any area. You just need to make sure to at least sometimes got the long way from the throne room to the city exit since there can be scripted scenes tied into some quests.
--

purpleblob

Princess

January 16th, 2019, 11:12
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
That one is risky as there are at least two situations where you want to exit to main square from throne room (I am sure there are more but I ran into two so far). One is the main quest and one is connected with a companion quest and romance.

Archangel

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

January 25th, 2019, 13:27
Did anyone actually help finish the Grimoire by passing the arcana check and fought:

Spoiler
--

purpleblob

Princess

January 25th, 2019, 14:08
Did anyone actually help finish the Grimoire by passing the arcana check and fought:

Spoiler
Yep. Did it both times I played the game. Didn't encounter the bug the first time, but I did the second. Several times. Had to google it. Rather annoying.

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander

January 26th, 2019, 19:22
Sigh I failed to max out kingdom stats again this run - unlocked minister role too late. On top of that, I also failed magical shrine (missing three because I can't find some location due to perception check failure)

@Morrandir @Maylander

Did you guys finish the magical prison quest? Is the reward worthwhile?
--
Last edited by purpleblob; January 26th, 2019 at 20:28.

purpleblob

Princess

January 27th, 2019, 03:34
Sigh I failed to max out kingdom stats again this run - unlocked minister role too late. On top of that, I also failed magical shrine (missing three because I can't find some location due to perception check failure)

@Morrandir @Maylander

Did you guys finish the magical prison quest? Is the reward worthwhile?
I never did, no. I was always missing the last two or some such thing. I've read about people being able to do it, so I don't think it's bugged, just elusive.

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander

January 27th, 2019, 07:50
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
I never did, no. I was always missing the last two or some such thing. I've read about people being able to do it, so I don't think it's bugged, just elusive.
I wasn't able to max out the kingdom stats, so I reloaded the earlier save to finish off the magical prison quest instead. There is one small bug I encountered - seems like the charge on the magical key is calculated incorrectly and by the time I killed the last monster the charge left on the key was -1 instead of 0 lol. Didn't affect the quest though - managed to finish it without a problem.

For my 4th playthrough, I will try chaotic neutral character focusing on kingdom and artisans - their masterpieces are freaking amazing! I received a few of them in this playthrough (I think 3-4?)
--

purpleblob

Princess

January 28th, 2019, 00:04
Purps, I began playing as CN, but couldn't maintain it when most of the CN responses were the sort made by a total posterior orifice!!
--
If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)

January 28th, 2019, 00:32
That bad huh? ; hmmm…
--

purpleblob

Princess

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder: Kingmaker » Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread