Baldur's Gate 3 - Interview and Gameplay Info - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Baldur's Gate 3 - Interview and Gameplay Info

Default Baldur's Gate 3 - Interview and Gameplay Info

June 11th, 2019, 07:26
It is still early in production. I would imagine he is not giving away too much because it gives them room to move as the game develops.

I suspect it will be in a similar form to DoS2, but with less colourful graphics, and possibly less environmental interaction (although it will feature).

I do hope that it includes 6 character party, as D&D kinda needs it for good variety in party management IMO.

RTwP or TB - I prefer RTwP, but following produces from DoS2, you would have to wonder if it will be TB. I like RTwP because it is more realistic that things happen on the fly… every point of a second rather than on a turn. On TB gameplay you can kill a character before it has a chance to do anything… Doesn't seem realistic (within the worldframe of reference), or fair lol!

Anyone know where there will be a forum on this? Where will Larian be wanting input into this game if we want to give it?

Stahl33

Watchdog

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

June 11th, 2019, 11:00
Originally Posted by Stahl33 View Post
Anyone know where there will be a forum on this? Where will Larian be wanting input into this game if we want to give it?
Larian forums if anywhere. I'm sure they will check Steam forum too [shudder] as well as the community forums here and places like RPG Codex.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)

June 11th, 2019, 11:19
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
It's just from the scale of production, it sounds like a pretty big budget game. I'd just be surprised if they went with the fairly niche appeal of an isometric game, rather than something with a more mainstream look. I could imagine something in the ballpark of DA:I.

It's all total speculation, but I have this suspicion that it may not be quite what we expect.
As there two biggest selling games are isometric games, and they have the most experience making isometric games, and since Baldur's Gate was an isometric game, I'd be extremely surprised if it wasn't an isometric game.
I would also argue that there are a number of non niche isometric games. The Diablo games being the first that come to mind.
@BoboTheMighty I don't believe DOS2 reached a ceiling. Dungeons and Dragons has a very large fan base as a pen and paper game and will certainly attract people who have never heard of Original Sin. And some of them are friends of mine who only very rarely play a computer game.

forgottenlor

Font of Useless Knowledge
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
+1:

June 11th, 2019, 11:35
On video title screen: that's the Mad Eyes of demented Larian Staring At You!!

mercy

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

June 11th, 2019, 12:27
Originally Posted by forgottenlor View Post
I don't believe DOS2 reached a ceiling. Dungeons and Dragons has a very large fan base as a pen and paper game and will certainly attract people who have never heard of Original Sin. And some of them are friends of mine who only very rarely play a computer game.
Indeed, look at how much more support the Kingmaker Kickstarter got, compared to the Realms Beyond Kickstarter. Because it had the Pathfinder name. And D&D is even bigger.

Stingray

SasqWatch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

June 11th, 2019, 12:56
Originally Posted by forgottenlor View Post
Dungeons and Dragons has a very large fan base as a pen and paper game and will certainly attract people who have never heard of Original Sin. And some of them are friends of mine who only very rarely play a computer game.
At best marginal.
--
Backlog:0

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Baldur's Gate 3 - Interview and Gameplay Info