The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread - Page 287 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Default The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

June 26th, 2019, 15:29
David Gray brings nothing but comfort and joy. He's like a smaller version of Radiohead, in my opinion!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

June 26th, 2019, 21:30
loading…
--
"Where can the horizon lie, when a nation hides its organic minds in a cellar, dark and grim? They must be very dim." David Bowie, All the Madmen (1970)

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)

June 26th, 2019, 21:41
loading…
--
"Where can the horizon lie, when a nation hides its organic minds in a cellar, dark and grim? They must be very dim." David Bowie, All the Madmen (1970)

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

June 29th, 2019, 00:18
Enjoying watching and listening to the master at work.

loading…

Thrasher

Wheeee!

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

June 29th, 2019, 01:36
Also, very sad news of a massive loss of original master recordings, demonstrating recording industry corporate incompetence, negligence, and dishonesty. An astounding loss of our musical heritage. How incredibly stupid to keep all the originals in the same place without making complete digital copies for everything kept elsewhere. And a fantastic example of how corporate mergers and conglomerations can put key resources at risk to single point failures.

"Here Are Hundreds More Artists Whose Tapes Were" thought to be "Destroyed in the UMG Fire"

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/25/m…-list-umg.html
Last edited by Thrasher; June 29th, 2019 at 01:57.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

June 29th, 2019, 01:55
A new discovery for me. She reminds me of Karen Carpenter, Kate Bush, and early King Crimson (for the chord progressions), yet unique and disjoint from these. Heavenly.

Weyes Blood - Wild Time

http://weyesblood.bandcamp.com/track/wild-time

Thrasher

Wheeee!

June 29th, 2019, 04:57
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
A new discovery for me. She reminds me of Karen Carpenter, Kate Bush, and early King Crimson (for the chord progressions), yet unique and disjoint from these. Heavenly.

Weyes Blood - Wild Time

Did you see that in the Hatchie comments, too? I couldn't decide whether I liked it or not. At first, I thought I did. When I came back the next day to put it on the Watch, I wasn't so sure. Talent galore, but the songs I sampled were on that edge between revelation and really bad 70's dreck--Karen Carpenter without the spark.
--
Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Zeke Who? / / Detroit Red Wings: Welcome back Stevie

dteowner

Shoegazer

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

June 29th, 2019, 12:01
I really like Wild Time. Need to relisten to the others some more.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

June 29th, 2019, 13:21

Weyes Blood - Wild Time

That's top stuff.

From the album, I get shades of Carole King and Joni Mitchell too.
--
Last edited by Ripper; June 29th, 2019 at 13:33.

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

+1:

June 29th, 2019, 18:05
That's interesting. When I did my YouBoob search, I got a different palette of her work. Wild Times is really good, even if it's a little folksy for my taste (agree with Ripper's comparables). My search came up with this starting point, and the follow-up pointers had similar tones. Again, still clear talent, but a more poppy vibe albeit 70s pop. It sets you up with a different image of the artist, me thinks. Ghosts in the machine, showing us what they think we want?
loading…
--

dteowner

Shoegazer

+1:

July 1st, 2019, 20:18
I really recommend looking up the performances of The Chemical Brothers and The Cure at Glastonbury. The cure played Disintegration, and The Chemicals really showed how to do EDM.

If you had to resort to the dark arts to find them, because of licensing issues that make it impossible to see otherwise, I'd forgive you.
--

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

July 4th, 2019, 02:07
Live from Darly's house - minus the bear - great tunes:

loading…

loading…

SpoonFULL

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
+1:

July 4th, 2019, 02:56
Diane Birch: Erased - one of the most beautiful and distinguished voices that I have ever heard:

loading…

SpoonFULL

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
+1:

July 6th, 2019, 15:43
Also, very sad news of a massive loss of original master recordings, demonstrating recording industry corporate incompetence, negligence, and dishonesty. An astounding loss of our musical heritage. How incredibly stupid to keep all the originals in the same place without making complete digital copies for everything kept elsewhere. And a fantastic example of how corporate mergers and conglomerations can put key resources at risk to single point failures.

"Here Are Hundreds More Artists Whose Tapes Were" thought to be "Destroyed in the UMG Fire"

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/25/m…-list-umg.html
Just shows me again how much big record companies have become leeches and ticks and parasites. They feed in Creativity, suck the money out of it, and care about nothing but money. Money. Not about the artists or their works.
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
+1:

July 6th, 2019, 20:13
Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
When I listen to Ministry,
all my neighbours do, too!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

July 6th, 2019, 20:41
At the risk of banging on about it, I'd repeat my recommendation to find The Chemical Brothers set from Glastonbury. I've watched for the third time, and it's definitely going in my collection of live gig videos. I discussed it with a friend of mine who's in his seventies, and he said it was the first time he could understand the appeal of that sort of thing.

There's some individual track videos on Youtube, but I think it's a shame to watch them out of context. It really is meant as a whole audio/video show.
--
Last edited by Ripper; July 6th, 2019 at 20:58.

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

+1:

July 8th, 2019, 03:39
Mostly working on Hatchie when I've had time, although I'll throw out a little something out there for the group to consider. I'd call it a "modern Sarah sound" if anything. Thrasher might like the ridonkulous drumming in the verses since he likes his music to twist his ear a bit.

loading…
--

dteowner

Shoegazer

+1:

July 9th, 2019, 00:45
cyberpunk mode 🤖

loading…

loading…
--
Latest creations: Fallout NV: A Wasteland in Bloom / Fallout NV: WFO v3.2

vurt

serial 𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓻

+1:

July 9th, 2019, 22:43
If I gad told myseld as a teenager or as a mid-20 that one day I'd go to a ZZ Top concert, I would have laughed very hardly at myself and called me completely crazy.

Well … I had my fun …
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

July 9th, 2019, 22:54
Ah Vurt, that takes me back. The netwerk bands were the best. Love the heavy beats and bass and chords on this one (depending on my mood).

loading…
Last edited by Thrasher; July 10th, 2019 at 00:47.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

+1:
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread