City versus country

Tactical Machine Pistol DArt! pew pew!

Did you make the music? Can I have a listen? =)

No, music is one of those things I'm absolutely convinced I can't learn to do. I'll just buy something off the asset store - or whatever. I also have a distant family member who is quite talented, and I might get him to do it. We've spoken about it many times - but obviously it never happened as I was always too lazy to actually make anything of it.

The game does have music, though :)

I'm using one of my favorite exploration tracks from a game you might be able to guess.

Ahh, very nice!

Reminds me of this one, which I always wished was at least 5 times longer.

So, how's country life treating you? :)

Been excellent weather in Denmark, recently. Some of my Danish friends from Twitch were complaining that it was too hot yesterday but it was only 26! That's about perfect?

Way too hot for me :)

I prefer something like 20-22 degrees.

I like to stay away from crowds - which is always harder when the weather is hot.

As for country life - it's been really rather fantastic. I've been very fortunate, I feel.

The house is perfect for my needs - and there's essentially zero noise around here. Well, there's the occasional truck or tractor passing by - but I never had a problem with that kind of sound.

Also, there's been fewer issues than expected. About the only typical housey crap I'm still dealing with is about the water-cleaning system that was installed before I moved in.

This is all a bit above my head - but I'll try to come up with English words that make sense:

Right now, the powers that be in my municipality want the "fascine" dug up and connected to another drain - because it's connected to a drain that's about 75 meters away from a natural water supply (one of my neighbors).

Which seems stupid, as the water is pretty damned clean after it's been through my "Biocube" - and 75 meters is a pretty good distance, I would say.

But I have the "sewage" guy on it - and there's a chance I'll get special dispensation.

What pisses me off is that all of this should have been in order BEFORE I moved in - and now it's been more than 3 months.

Still, I expected this kind of thing - and it's not a big deal, really.

Thanks for asking :)

Way too hot for me :)

I prefer something like 20-22 degrees.

I like to stay away from crowds - which is always harder when the weather is hot.

You probably wouldn't like it here in Australia. You'd probably die after a week in the mid 30s.

Still, sunny weather has it's advantages, especially where crowds are concerned!

Have you noticed how beautiful the young women are this year? Their faces glow serenely with water-richness. Their eyes look outward and far. They expose their features often without any pretense of stillsuit masks and the snaking lines of catch tubes. Frequently, they do not even wear stillsuits in the open, preferring the new garments which, as they move, offer flickering suggestions of the lithe young bodies beneath!

You probably wouldn't like it here in Australia. You'd probably die after a week in the mid 30s.

Still, sunny weather has it's advantages, especially where crowds are concerned!

Have you noticed how beautiful the young women are this year? Their faces glow serenely with water-richness. Their eyes look outward and far. They expose their features often without any pretense of stillsuit masks and the snaking lines of catch tubes. Frequently, they do not even wear stillsuits in the open, preferring the new garments which, as the moved, offer flickering suggestions of the lithe young bodies beneath!

Yeah, that definitely wouldn't be for me.

That kind of heat gives me a very claustrophobic and uncomfortable feeling. It's almost like I'm dreaming - and I can't wake up.

As for beautiful women in modest attire - I consider that a disadvantage.

I hate being exposed to things I want that I don't have access to.

Not saying access is impossible, but it takes work - and I'm lazy.

Heh, inspecting drains and water supplies was one of my "quests" when working as a public country doctor back in the 80's. The problem cases were when the drain ended close (5 meters in stead of 75) to the water supply, and most important, above said supply so there was a real chance of sewage draining into said supply. Of course, in some of the cases the real problem was that the neighbours couldn't stand each other.

Anyhow, good to see you. Unfortunately, your chosen name seems to indicate a short stay????

pibbur who :(

Last edited:

This!

pibbur who also is concerned about sharks. Spiders. Snakes. Crocodiles. Kangaroos. Other animals.

Heh, inspecting drains and water supplies was one of my "quests" when working as a public country doctor back in the 80's. The problem cases were when the drain ended close (5 meters in stead of 75) to the water supply, and most important, above said supply so there was a real chance of sewage seeving into said supply. Of course, in some of the cases the real problem was that the neighbours couldn't stand each other.

Anyhow, good to see you. Unfortunately, your chosen name seems to indicate a short stay????

pibbur who :(

Yeah, I've done my best to establish a decent relationship with my neighbours. It seems to have worked, so far :)

Hehe, well, my name is my way of being realistic.

I just had an urge to post a bit - as it seemed awfully quiet, and I missed exchanging about games.

Anyway, thanks - and good to see you, too. Glad to see you're back - though I kinda knew you would be.

What about myrthos giving you a weekly post limit like 10 or so? Then you don't have to delete your account each time. Just decide carefully to who (and what) you want to give those 10 replies to!

Where is your sense of adventure?
Somewhere in my den or in my somewhat chaotic storage room. I'll look for it as soon as I decide to tidy it up.
Maybe we should tell your wife you have a huge life insurance policy…
And how would you accomplish that?
she will encourage you to visit Australia?
Suicide by tourism?

pibbur who realizes he sadly tends to exaggerate a bit, especially when it comes to down under.

This!

pibbur who also is concerned about sharks. Spiders. Snakes. Crocodiles. Kangaroos. Other animals.

Anything on land isn't really worth worrying about. Just make a lot of noise as you walk and they'll run away before you see them. Snakes love to lay in the sun, often in the middle of paths, so keep an eye on the ground. That's out in the bush, anyway. The cities have the most dangerous animal of all. MAN!

In the water is an entirely different thing. Chances are you wouldn't even consider swimming where crocodiles are, so that's nothing to worry about, but there are a lot of sharks in the ocean. Just don't swim in the dark and you'll be right. I'd be more worried about jellyfish. Humans kill so many more sharks than sharks kill humans and most shark species are non threatening and delicious. :)

Back
Top Bottom