Greedfall Hints and Tips - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Greedfall Hints and Tips

Default Greedfall Hints and Tips

September 17th, 2019, 16:57
Originally Posted by Farflame View Post
Intuition reveals secret passages? In game world? The game doesnt mention it afaik.
Not reveal - it lets you pass through them. I am pretty sure this is intuition and not vigor (as vigor is for balancing on things and climbing bigger walls). Also Joxer said the same thing - that you need intuition to see and get through tight passages which are used in a couple quests (not the only way of course - it just helps if you are trying to avoid a confrontation or find a more direct route).

Might fall under intuition as you "see" how to get through a passage or see that it is a "secret" passage where as Vigor is about balance and energy.

I will try to verify in-game at some point or maybe Joxer or Maylander can confirm.

EDIT: Was bugging me so I confirmed it. Screenshot as proof @Farflame that it is intuition that lets you get through secret passages or tight paths like this:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/…3ccaeb2e_o.png
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Last edited by wolfgrimdark; September 17th, 2019 at 17:32. Reason: confirmed.

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)

September 17th, 2019, 18:02
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark View Post
Not reveal - it lets you pass through them. I am pretty sure this is intuition and not vigor (as vigor is for balancing on things and climbing bigger walls).
Also Joxer said the same thing - that you need intuition to see and get through tight passages which are used in a couple quests.

Might fall under intuition as you "see" how to get through a passage or see that it is a "secret" passage where as Vigor is about balance and energy.

@Farflame that it is intuition that lets you get through secret passages or tight paths like this:
Thanks. It seems its mentioned in Intuition level 1 description, but english translation is not completely correct here (or the text wasnt written well). But its not mentioned for Intuition level 2 +3 while your screenshot suggests that you need 2 (or 3?) for some narrow passages.
--
----------------------------------------------------------------
New videos of RPGs/story-driven games (+ENG subtitles):
https://www.youtube.com/user/Rastm4N/videos

Farflame

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

September 17th, 2019, 21:20
I think 2 was what I recall seeing but that's a level of memory I can't be sure of.

Just finished the game. Emotional ride. Time to walk the dogs and relax and let it all sink in.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

September 18th, 2019, 15:08
Originally Posted by Farflame View Post
Intuition level 2 +3 while your screenshot suggests that you need 2 (or 3?) for some narrow passages.
Intuition 2 is needed to squeeze through narrow passages and inspection in certain quests.
Intuition 3 is making your life easy in some dialogues, but if your charisma is high or you have a sidestory specific companion with you, it's irrelevant. In other words, instead of maxing intuition, you should keep it at 2 (point + equip) and spend one talent point elsewhere.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 145 Post(s)

September 18th, 2019, 15:52
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Only Aphra has the hearts marked dialogue and it's just one. Siora, Kurt and Vasco don't have it. Maybe it's a bug, dunno. Could be also a "failsafe" for everyone who screwed other romance options.
We'll see if it's changed (for her or for others) when the patch appears and that should be soon.

:thumbup: for relations = you didn't fastrun the game!
I got heart icon for Siora's dialog.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)

September 18th, 2019, 16:05
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
I got heart icon for Siora's dialog.
Yea another poster indicated the hearts can be for those with more than one dialogue line for romance and depends on timing if the line was picked earlier before a personal quest was done I think.

Good to know.

I am playing again and won't be messing up this time!
--

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

September 18th, 2019, 16:33
With the right answers, you can get into the hearts dialog options with every party member.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)

September 18th, 2019, 16:36
I probably won't romance anyone since it's basically a fade to black and never mentioned again in the whole game from what I hear. Romance is a long drawn out affair for a one and done scene. Seems especially silly, but then again I'm in a happy marriage and don't need a game to get romance options The plus effect for the various skills happens whether or not you romance the companion I believe.
--
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

September 18th, 2019, 16:42
In Greedfall it's very easy to romance and completely optional.
  1. You finish the personal quests.
  2. talk a bit - give the "right" answers
  3. get heart dialog options

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)

September 18th, 2019, 18:01
Not easy if you are not aware what options to pick and the heart icon does NOT show if you already went through some of the dialogue before getting through their personal quests. Like if you ask Kurt if he is lonely before you start his quest or pick the wrong dialogue with Vasco after completing his first quest.

There are no icons or indicators of any sort depending on timing.

So not very easy but it is optional.

Also if you romance it comes up in later events from what two friends indicated who did a romance and finished the game.
--

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

September 18th, 2019, 18:37
I did not get any Siora nor Vasco heart dialogues yet you may check my achievements - I managed to romance both (and of course Aphra, but she did have the hearts dialogue).

Which would mean what I said at first. Once you're friendly with a companion, you get to romance them regardless of any hearts dialogues.
Of course it's possible I've pinpointed some chatty required to romance with no hearts line with both Siora and Vasco, but I can't know that.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 145 Post(s)

September 18th, 2019, 19:20
I assume this will be patched eventually so that they're unmissable. That's why it is best to wait for patches if things like this bother you. I think I missed a few achievements, but meh. I can always run a cheat character and speed run the game if I want to get them. This has to be the easiest game to edit the character files on that I've seen in a while I edited carry weight even on my main character. Hate weight limits.
--
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
Last edited by crpgnut; September 18th, 2019 at 19:46.

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

September 18th, 2019, 21:35
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
I edited carry weight even on my main character. Hate weight limits.
That's a good hint, thanks.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: Greedfall

Morrandir

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

September 20th, 2019, 09:06
Originally Posted by wiretripped View Post
So I take it you guys like the game?
Yeah, it's a good game. Fairly natural progression from Technomancer, so they're still moving in the right direction.
Originally Posted by wiretripped View Post
Hm, that's too bad, I like to explore and find stuff off the beaten path that I wouldn't find by just following the main quest.

How open are the zones, by the way? Do they feel big enough? I read somewhere there's invisible barriers?
I find them okay, but it's not an open world game like PB or Bethesda games, so its focus is more on the characters and story than the actual exploration.

Originally Posted by joxer View Post
You've misunderstood something. Of course there are goodies off the beaten path, if you won't explore in detail you won't find an altar with the unique (legendary) Scythe weapon for example.
Indeed. I was specifically mentioning caves and houses - they're always quest related, so there's no point in entering one until you have the quest. At which point you should obviously explore it, so you can find stuff like the scythe (even though it's not that good).

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Greedfall Hints and Tips