Beautiful Desolation - Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Adventure game Beautiful Desolation has been released on GOG and Steam.

BEAUTIFUL
DESOLATION is a 2D isometric adventure game set in the distant future. Explore a post-apocalyptic landscape, solve puzzles, meet new friends and make powerful enemies, mediate conflicts and fight for your life as you unravel the secrets of the world around you.

FEATURING

• P&C Puzzles and classic adventure gameplay.
  • An 80's retro technology look and feel.
  • A story-driven adventure set in a dystopian post-apocalyptic future.
  • A unique tribal punk aesthetic and 2D isometric rendered environments.
  • African landscapes captured with photogrammetry and scale model elements.
  • Bizarre creatures, animals and vibrant characters await.
Mark, a man out of time, searches for his lost brother Don, in a far-flung futuristic era ruled by highly advanced technologies which are both revered and reviled.

Your surroundings hold echoes of a desolate past, and glimpses of a dark future that has yet to be written by your actions. Be prepared to face many tough choices that will shape this land long after you complete your journey.

The score is masterfully crafted by composer Mick Gordon, known for his work on Wolfenstein(R), DOOM(R), Prey(R), Killer Instinct(R) and Need for Speed(R).

The inhabitants of this world will help and hinder you, as you make new discoveries and navigate the spectacular African-inspired landscape. Negotiate your passage with local leaders, healers and warriors, or find yourself embroiled in a battle against nanite swarms, enormous scorpions and rocket-equipped robots.

From thriving villages to crumbling cities, petrified forests and bone-dry ocean beds, this strange new world holds a multitude of terrains to uncover, beautifully rendered in 2D isometric art.

FIND YOUR BROTHER AND GET HOME...
More information.

I will play this at some point. But I didnt find time for Stasis yet and my schedule for near future is completely full. So, it has to wait.

This looks pretty interesting. Will probably buy it when I have time to actually play it.

The developer's previous release (Stasis) was a very good first attempt (=somewhat rough around the edges, but extremely promising), so if this game is an improvement, I'd immediately consider it as a GOTY for adventure games.

Will try out this weekend.

It looks like a late 90's style RPG. So why did they go with an Adventure style game in this format, one which seems just as complicated as any RPG?

King's Quest style Adventure?

It looks like a late 90's style RPG. So why did they go with an Adventure style game in this format, one which seems just as complicated as any RPG?

King's Quest style Adventure?

Make no mistake, this game is an Adventure, not an RPG.
FYI, this format was used for adventure games as well (e.g. Sanitarium, Little Big Adventure, etc), so it is not an RPG exclusive.

A review from ACG. Seems he likes it.

If you buy at GOG now, you get Stasis for free. Suppose that is good deal, if you dont own it yet. And it seems users at GOG like the game a lot. Maybe I will push this forward in my gaming plan, its tempting.

Back
Top Bottom