Stoneshard - Preview @TheGG

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@TheGG Stoneshard is a turn-based roguelike RPG by Ink Stains Games.

"And why is that"? So you might wonder. The answer is very simple. It's because "Stoneshard: Prologue" is more or less a mix of old-school "Diablo", "The Binding of Isaac", "Dink Smallwood", "ADOM", "Nethack" and "Ancient Evil". In other words, "Stoneshard" is a mix of a lot of nice things (the old and the new). Furthermore, the game is very easy to learn, but hard to master (you will die a lot) .

Yes, that's right. "Stoneshard: Prologue" is the kind of game that is very unforgiving (think "Dark Souls" meets "Diablo Median XL" and "Ancient Evil"). So that means that the game will punish you instantly if you mess up, and most of the time, that results in an instant death on the spot (watch out for traps!).

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Sadistic player torture. Gameplay = You died! Replay..... from earlier savepoint You died! Replay..... from earlier savepoint You died! Replay..... from earlier savepoint
You died! Replay..... from earlier savepointYou died! Replay..... from earlier savepointYou died! Replay..... from earlier savepointYou died! Replay..... from earlier savepoint

You expected something different? It says in description:
roguelike

In my case roguelike = no buy.

Yep... roguelike = no buy.

Which is too bad, because the rest of the gameplay looks pretty good. I just don't understand why in some of these games, devs can't give both options. Allow saving or allow to play in perma-death mode. I'm sure for some games it would affect balance but I see a lot of games where it doesn't seem it would make a difference.

Back
Top Bottom