The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

@ HvyMetal Depending on what chat tab is ticked, people can easily miss a guild message. They don't ping to let you know. If you say hi and get no response send a tell.

@Alrik Had days like that. Tried some go back elite favor runs one day and seemed to wipe 80% of the time. I always save stealthy repossession for when I get to level 18 or so, then walk through with my head held high, grab the gem, then beat them all with a big stick. :)

I also am having the hardest time with the >level 10 quests solo'd even "Hiding in Plain Sight" I am 1 xp away from 12 as well. I decided to start a new character on a different server to get the 100 favor rewards for Turbine Points. It took a few hours, no elite opener :(, but I think I'll do it again a few more times on different servers. Then when there's a sale on Gianthold I'll get it. I'm kind of torn between getting the rewards and sticking to my goal of getting as much as possible without opening my wallet. This game definately deserves some of money and I know eventually I'll be tired of griding Turbine points but I feel like its keeping me hooked on playing.

Regarding Shadow Crypt : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=395830

Perhaps a new bug ? http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=391107

It took a few hours, no elite opener :(

Uh, forget this crap, please.

The "elite streak" was *originally* planned for TRs who'd have to accumulate xp much faster and better that so-called "first-lifers".

The DDO community in the forums has now reached a kind of consensus that the "Bravery Bonus" (BB) is kind of killing the game (and PUGs - pick-up-groups) for Newbies.

One of the main reasons now is that "elite difficulty" has become "the new 'normal' " for Newbies, kind of, and that no-one does PUGging with OTHER difficulties than "elite difficulty" anymore. Plus, Newbies are often not prepared for this difficulty, often rendering them into so-called "pikers" ( = group members who don't support the group in an meaningful way and often die far too fast).

There have been lots and lots and lots of discussions going on on that matter in the DDO forums, and more and more people tend to say that "BB is killing grouping".

The most recent discussing on the matter is this : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=395718

One of the better replies in that discussion there :

#1 Dungeon scaling is a huge part of it. If there is ONE part of a dungeon that I am worried about in a quest, it is tanking a trap on a non-evasion character. A trap hitting my 200hp character for 150 is fine…250, not so much. Elite has never scaled as much is it does now. It is really insane. Elite should NOT SCALE, EVER, AT ALL. Worrying about mobs/casters/traps hitting NOTICABLY harder when another party member enters a quest is just silly, particularly on elite. When the smart thing to do is ask the party to wait outside till you hop past a trap, something is incredibly wrong.

#2 Bravery is part of it. Instead of Nx8/H/E, the elite run is first. No time to build a rythym, no time to learn for newer player. Know it or die. Self heal or die. Be skilled or die. All that leads to not taking noobs/unskilled/ungeared players and non-selfhealing classes. Coupled with point #1 this results in smaller partys with everyone being self sufficient working better than a traditional 6 person party that doesn't know the quest.

#3 Attitude Many top players think…if I can solo elite most of the time I am not pugging anymore. I used to, but it is just slower, or -10%, and for what? Most puggers I carry through a quest and then they complain…about me not waiting for their late penalty, about me zerging ahead, about me not showing them the way to the quest, about me not sharing a walkup right away, about dungeon alert…about the lack of a healer when the lfm said bring your own, complain about not letting them running through the entire quest to loot a random lootgen chest when the party is waiting holding the window, etc. Yes, I know it is a game…but if you put in lfm that it is an xp focused party then please respect that…it's only fair, I don't join flowersniffing/no zerging/wait for full party/roleplaying etc groups and inflict my playstyle on them.

I usually still pug anyway, but most top players (TR or endgame) have gone guild/channel only. People respond to incentives and for the elite player pounding out past lives that first life barb that asks "what house" "share" when joining a vale quest is at best useless and at worst trouble. The incentives for pugging have been reduced to knowing you are doing something good for the server…and potentially meeting some cool peeps…in terms of the numbers…not so much, and a lot of people care about that quite a bit.

Edit : Another, even newer discussion on the BB : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=396077

Last edited:
Uh, forget this crap, please.

The "elite streak" was *originally* planned for TRs who'd have to accumulate xp much faster and better that so-called "first-lifers".
You're mixing bravery bonus streaks with favor. He's trying to gain favor. You get triple the favor for running on elite versus running on normal. So, in what's effectively a race to 100 total favor, running elite means running 1/3 of the quests that you'd have to run on normal which makes it far more efficient use of time. An elite opener would be very helpful for him in this situation.

That is true. Before you got a TR and you needed to get the favor for extra inventory tabs (Coin Lord) or bank tabs (Kundarak) you had to do the low level quests on normal, then hard and finally elite. You need the elite favor to get to 75 and 150. That was tedious. If you have an elite opener you can just do elite and get the favor you need.

I added a +2 constitution tome in the guild chest. Please take it if you need. It will permanently increase your constitution by 2 when you hit level 7.

You're mixing bravery bonus streaks with favor. He's trying to gain favor. You get triple the favor for running on elite versus running on normal. So, in what's effectively a race to 100 total favor, running elite means running 1/3 of the quests that you'd have to run on normal which makes it far more efficient use of time. An elite opener would be very helpful for him in this situation.

Yes, okay, if you run a quest on elite difficulty, you of couurse get more favour.

Maybe I'm already infected by the DDO forum's "BB discussions" as well.

That is true. Before you got a TR and you needed to get the favor for extra inventory tabs (Coin Lord) or bank tabs (Kundarak) you had to do the low level quests on normal, then hard and finally elite. You need the elite favor to get to 75 and 150. That was tedious. If you have an elite opener you can just do elite and get the favor you need.

Yes, but on the other hand you probably do this quest only once, then, and then just forget it.

If you play through the different diffuculties, however, you learn the quest, if you haven't done it before. You imho get better accustomed to its difficulties.

But, if you don't plan to do a quest again, then you wouln't need this knowledge, of course.

Last edited:
I agree that new players to a quest should do it on normal first to get familiar with the quest. Elite is for people who know what to expect and have the gear needed to survive. If you're in a group of TR's you can as a new player manage elite, but you should expect to die more often.

It's not a good idea to try to solo quests on elite as your first play through. That easily leads to a wipe.

The TR's will often repeat quests because the need the XP. Instead of the usual N/H/E runs they do E/N/H or just E/H. This way they keep the bravery bonus streak and get first time difficulty bonuses from all runs.

Meanwhile there is still no announcement regarding the re-opening of Mabar, there is still news on the DDO store :

Free Item Of The Week :

October 26 - November 1
Draught of Midnight
Use Coupon Code DPL872
1 per Account

This is useful if you indeed participate in the Mabar event.

20 % discount off :

- Druid class
- Epic Destinies
- Loom Of Destiny
- Key Of Destiny
- Shears Of Fate
- Tomes Of Fate

35 % discount off :

"Spooky Adventure Packs" (no real display which they are, but I assume that they are the Necro packs ?

New, and available only until November, 1st :

The Wraith Companion ! - Costs 295 points each (Grey/Red ? Wraith & Green/"Forest" Wraith)

(As far as I know one might get one after slying enough Wraiths from the Monster Manual, too ?)

Bundle : 595 Points, "Dance" ability = 150 points, "Yell" ability = 50 points.

Everything can be found here : http://www.ddo.com/de/ddostoresale

Azraelck: I got the Yellow Dopant as end reward in the Shroud. I will give it to you before the Friday evening session so you can retrieve mats from the broken GS cloak you made that didn't get concordant opposition.

I also got a large sulfur stone. That means i have all materials needed except 2 large devil scales to get the lit II rapier for CM's Testovina. Dte said he had a spare LDS so maybe we can find the last LDS somewhere so she can get the lit II this weekend. :)

Alrik: Are you flagged for the Shroud with one of your toons? You need to run the 5 flagging quests in the vale (Running with Devils, The Coalescence Chamber, Let Sleeping Dust Lie, Rainbow in the Dark and Ritual Sacrifice). You get a signet stone pie piece from each of the quests. Those can be combined to form the signet stone which is used to make the greensteel blank item.

If yes I could make normal Shroud groups and invite your toon to the group so you can get shards to craft items. I have plenty of materials to make items once you get the shards. All shards you need for GS items drop in the shroud.

You need to be about level 17 or higher to run in the Shroud.

Alrik: Are you flagged for the Shroud with one of your toons?

No, I'm not yet, since I rather concentrated on playing with my lower level toons so far.

My Ranger is I think the only one in position, but he's still level 16, and might not have appropriate gear (he got stoned from level 14).
I didn't play him much within the last half year.

We did a run through the Vale with him several Fridays ago, though. So I at least know Meridia and the area.

I'll have to make a quick taxi run a couple hours into the session.

Are we supposed to do all the Red Fens quests this evening and then get level 12?

Sherwinsorc: We can get you a guest pass to Red Fens if you don't have the pack.

Back
Top Bottom