Kingdom Come - Banned in Australia

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Kingdom Come: Deliverance has been banned in Australia due to the Womens Lot DLC.

KINGDOM COME DELIVERANCE has been banned in Australia under the International Age Rating Coalition (IARC) system. Koch Media have twice had it rated as a multi-platform title with an R18+ (High impact sex scenes & references to sexual violence) classification.
Edit: An update on this clarified that the game is now 18+ and so not banned

The Classification Board's database was showing KINGDOM COME DELIVERANCE as banned in Australia under the International Age Rating Coalition (IARC) when we tweeted on Tuesday. It has now been downgraded to R18+.
More information.

Australia's censors work so hard, earned double of their usual paycheck.

Imagine there is no new videogames out there. Poor censors would lose their most important job that improved our civilization to Star Trekian utopia.

Australia's censors work so hard, earned double of their usual paycheck.

Imagine there is no new videogames out there. Poor censors would lose their most important job that improved our civilization to Star Trekian utopia.

What's wrong with such a utopia? Sounds great to me.

Terminal disease pretty much wiped out, no poor people, money far less of an issue, etc. I'd trade a few violent video games for that in a nanosecond!

WHAT??! I can hardly imagine "High impact sex scenes & references to sexual violence" are in this game?!

I don't need this censored stuff for a good, pleasing game experience - and that's why I constantly wonder and ask my self : Why does it have to be built in in the first place ?

To me, it's as neccessary as including in a game a painstakingly detailed simulation of an NPC vomiting. Or belching. Or farting. Sure, it adds to Realism, but … is there real need for it ?

I don't need this censored stuff for a good, pleasing game experience - and that's why I constantly wonder and ask my self : Why does it have to be built in in the first place ?

To me, it's as neccessary as including in a game a painstakingly detailed simulation of an NPC vomiting. Or belching. Or farting. Sure, it adds to Realism, but … is there real need for it ?

Of course we don’t need it. Every game could be like super Mario , but do we really need to jump on the cute enemies heads? Maybe we could just shake their hands and be friends with them. Then at the end game have a big party. No drugs, alcohol or sex at this party of course, just koolaid ( sugar free of course) and board games (13 and under)

On a more serious note if you’re making a realistic simulation of this time period it’s not out of the question to expect adult themes. It was a pretty brutal time period. If done right it can have quite an emotional impact on the player.

I am not keen on the idea of big brother watching over everything and making sure everyone experiences life as if living in Walt Disney. Makes me think of some brain washed culture where everyone is controlled to be super happy and never experiences anything bad. Take out violence, sex, drugs, negative emotions, and all bad stuff from movies, books, games, art ... just good wholesome safe fun for everyone!

"High impact sex scenes"

I don't know what that is, but I think i want to see it.

When will the powers that be stop demonizing sex. This world would be a lot better off if we demonized violence instead of a natural beautiful act. What isn't natural is an ak47.

Thankfully in this particular case it appears to have been an error with the classification website's automatic listing (the Australian censors tend to stick to their guns, so I don't believe they actually changed it and then backed down), which looks to have been fixed and has now gone back to showing R18 like it should. So, it's not banned after all.

Thank you
I agree 100%

What's wrong with such a utopia? Sounds great to me.

Terminal disease pretty much wiped out, no poor people, money far less of an issue, etc. I'd trade a few violent video games for that in a nanosecond!
Ha!
That's a good one.
What do you think the holo deck is being used for outside of prude Star Fleet ships?
Quark sure knows what for.
Actually, even Janeway used it to shag an holographic Irishman, so…

KC:D is all about a depiction of those times as realistic as possible.
Hiding certain parts of it, especially in a DLC focused around women, would detract from that.

Now, I don't know if the scene(s) in question were just fan service or actually fitting. But assuming it was the latter, it's good that it is there.

And Australia banning and forbidding stuff really is a meme by now. Which is why everyone believed this news although it is not true (it just has the highest age rating afaik).

Last edited:
"High impact sex scenes"

I don't know what that is, but I think i want to see it.
You need to go elsewhere then. There is nothing like this in KC:D.
Or I must somehow missed it.

Back
Top Bottom