Personal things you don't need to know

Thanks but it was a joking reply for pibbuR's comment.:lol:
pibbuR who refuses to convert temperature to that abomination of a temperature scale used in some "lesser developed" countries

That's approximately 75f which sounds pretty nice right about now.
Yes. I realize to most people, even Norwegians, 24C is nice. So be it.

But I don't like heat. Whenever temperature rises above 18-20C I'm uncomfortable and numb.

pibbuR who actually likes rain and therefore looks forward to the coming week in Bergen. And who knows that, like australians but for different reasons, he may be perceived as crazy.

It is strange but we haven't had a single tornado this season:

1280px-Tornado_Alley.svg.png

Well, it's 93F here, so I'll take your temperatures any day, @pibbuR;

P.S. I love rain and storms and even tornadoes: as long as they're in an abandoned area not hurting anything. 'nut lives just east of Tornado alley proper. However, if you think of this map as a big eye, you'll notice St. Louis is basically the iris.

We already have Tornadoes here as well. Not many, but noticeable.

I recall having many tornadoes back in the eighties/nineties when I lived in Maryland, yet my son, who still lives there, says they seem much more rare these days. So I guess not all the weather news is terrible.

When Europeans come to my company to work, we like to give them this neat little map to explain why the US seems so big to them. Hint: because it is, lol.
I'm disappointed that there is no room for my country :)

When Europeans come to my company to work, we like to give them this neat little map to explain why the US seems so big to them. Hint: because it is, lol.

c0S-q0F5hHGfMcSr5_9gMMyKn9EYu4QDNMtqA38S7k.png

https://matadornetwork.com/read/map-shows-many-european-countries-can-fit-continental-us/

However, our population is nowhere near the other big nations/Europe:

https://brilliantmaps.com/how-the-us-fits-into-the-world/

Hey, don't forget that Oz is basically the same size as the US, but with only about 10% of the population!!

Shhhh, don't tell them! Then they might come here.

There's nothing to be found in Australia, because it's all Jungle & Desert, innit ? ;)

They have much more in Australia, like a lot of people that speak English in a weird way :)

You are very welcome to continue believing that.
Alrik is a benign young(?) man, so he forgot to (chose no to?) mention the spiders, the snakes, the crocs, the box jellies, and the Gympie-Gympie.

pibbuR who never forgets those things.

Last edited:
They have much more in Australia, like a lot of people that speak English in a weird way :)

Don't forget weird place names: Wooloomooloo, Manangatang, Wollongong (there's a university there)

pibbuR who finds that australian nicks (as seen here) look strangely normal (probably a conspiracy).

Australia is a very cool and dangerous place at times.

Like @pibbuR; I also love cool temperatures and rain. Find it much more relaxing. Although I can deal with some heat okay.

You didn't see my winking smiley, did you ? ;)

Every time I hear Australia this song pops in my head.:p

Men At Work - Down Under

Back
Top Bottom