The Wayward Realms - Teaser Trailer

So another cheap CGI trailer with no info or game-play. Yeah sure I'm excited.:roll:

Well, yeah, but these guys aren't newbs. They've got a TON of experience with cheap CGI trailers!!

I want to know who the CEO of OnceLost Games is, and his or her credentials and background. And I want to know who the game's producer is, and his or her credentials and background.
Okay, it's not like they're hiding this info:

CEO -no one
Producer -no one

One article I read today claims the game is seven years away from release. So it begs the question why does the game even have a steam page? Easy answer Early Access.

Here's the article.

The Wayward Realms is 'Several More Years' Away - PCGamer
On Twitter, OnceLost Games has been busy replying to questions from curious fans, and one of those questions was about when the new RPG might see the light of day. The developers aren't even ready to pin down a year.

"Still too early to tell, sorry," reads the response from the studio. "It will probably be several more years."

"We are not in a hurry, which is very painful for some folks, we know," reads another response, "but we do want to deliver on our ambitions."

In another tweet, the studio says "We are not in full production yet, but we have been working on implementing systems and building assets." The teaser trailer, which shows a very large and heavily armored Ork riding a horse through a dark wood before coming upon a vista showing multiple moons over the horizon, is pre-rendered and doesn't show any gameplay.

One article I read today claims the game is seven years away from release. So it begs the question why does the game even have a steam page? Easy answer Early Access.

Curiously I was reading this article few moments ago:

The Wayward Realms, the RPG from former Elder Scrolls devs, is 'several more years' away

Whether the game is seven or several years ahead, why make a Steam page for it now? Just for EEA (Earliest Early Access) sake? With 7+ years to go, you can expect the usual torrent of announcements of announcements, pre-announcements and things like that, Jesus Christ…

EDIT: CouchPotato beat me to it :)

Last edited:
Yes and as henriquejr said, "Whether the game is seven or several years ahead, why make a Steam page for it now?" They haven't even started production yet.

I made the mistake of saying several but it's still two or more years from anything. As it stands right now nothing but art assets and cheap CGI trailers. Not much really.

Anyway in my defense no one I know ever used the word "Several". Just say 2+ years.

Probably just a desperate attempt to stay relevant.

Not that I have any ill will towards these guys. I just don't see anything worth investing in atm.

Yes and as henriquejr said, "Whether the game is seven or several years ahead, why make a Steam page for it now?" They haven't even started production yet.
Well, Steam is not just a shop like back in the old days any more, but a marketing platform. So there's your answer.

Back
Top Bottom