chronos trigger: good news/bad news

I can deal with the horrible graphics due to the upscaling technique they are using, so I bought it. I got a crash 16 minutes into the game, I asked for a refund there and then. There is no good reason why a flawless game in terms of crashes from 20 years ago should crash in a PC today. A very poor port.

Man, that is exactly what I don't want to hear about this fine classic. We've waited so damn long to see this for the computer, the very least they could have done was given us a worth port. Terribly reckless of them, if it's crashing for lots the steam and other computer reviewers will tear them to shreds.

Why wouldn’t they take the time to do an HD port of this and release it simultaneously on Steam & the App Store? It would be a no brainer money maker. So stupid and short sighted

Because people are so incredibly lazy these days it is downright scary. Just in my lifetime I've seen quite the swing in not only aptitude but also in doing things correctly, which often takes a bit more time and effort, but in the end is well worth the time involved. My guess is that whoever did this thought they'd cart by on the name recognition alone, but not everyone is so gullible.

they need to hire an artist, someone like me who could at least add some flair to their work. If they would pay me daily even at a freelance rate and I worked only four to five hours a day for a month, the game would be more impressive and generate more buzz. In that time frame I would add a custom menu or title screen, brand new character portrait art or spirites for each character, and some other graphics that would at least all byitself make the gsme feel new and fresh again. Man those artists hired by their team do absoluteky nothing. I really think not even coders or designers but an artist is the most important element to a good game design team. makes all the diff in the world. People really do t value artists or writers at all. look at silicon valley they all just pay the big bucks to coders and it stirf necks and the results are stuff like the chrono trigger remake.

Why wouldn’t they take the time to do an HD port of this and release it simultaneously on Steam & the App Store? It would be a no brainer money maker. So stupid and short sighted

Its not even about the graphics or filters, its that they added absolutley nothing new to it or made it interesting or relevsnt in any new way. Like I said, just a few custom or hand drawn menus and baxkground art or even spirtes would make the game come alive again.

Last edited:
Since I never played the original I should just give this a whirl once they patch it up like they've committed to. My kids play all these Zelda type games and I've never tried them but I see the appeal. Add turn based content and an epic story and Chrono looks like a no brainer. If I can find the time!

The actual game of chrono trigger is probably the most ambitious and technically impressive game besides donkey kong country on the snes. its also probably the most moving and interesting rpg in terms of story. I would say that along with maybe earthbound and breath of fire was the best rpg on the system. Secret of mana hasnt aged the same nor was it ever as impressive.

Since I never played the original I should just give this a whirl once they patch it up like they've committed to. My kids play all these Zelda type games and I've never tried them but I see the appeal. Add turn based content and an epic story and Chrono looks like a no brainer. If I can find the time!

For a JRPG, it really was a great game for its time, and I've replayed it several times over the years. I'm not sure what kind of impact it would have on someone playing it for the first time now though. It's a 25 year old game after all.

Back
Top Bottom