Votes: 80 61.1%
  • Oh yes, I'll show you...

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I want Little Ponies

Votes: 11 8.4%
  • I don't care

Votes: 14 10.7%

• Total voters
I think a redesign with a similar layout and more functionality would be better, perhaps a portion of the empty space should be for the game forums and sub forums? So i voted yes.

a new design?

e4oA1rI.gif

Voted no myself. I do a lot of web design for work and I hate the current trend and look of mobile friendly sights. I like the sight the way it is - functional, easy to use, and loads fast. It has lots of nice options and does everything I would want in a site of this nature.

I don't get the "dated" thing. I don't care if it looks old, if it works. And I think it works very well. Great content clearly presented.

pibbur who defintely looks dated, which may be why he doesn't care for the term.

PS. I don't want Tapatalk. DS.

PPS. I don't want ponies either. But you simply can't have enough cats. DS.

Last edited:
I don't get the "dated" thing. I don't care if it looks old, if it works. And I think it works very well. Great content clearly presented.

pibbur who defintely looks dated, which may be why he doesn't care for the term.

PS. I don't want Tapatalk. DS.

PPS. I don't want ponies either. But you simply can't have enough cats. DS.

This is my worry as well. Currently the site works like a charm and loads fast. So many websites have unneccesary fluff on their front page. Rpgwatch is extremly easy to navigate.

ps. I think cats are cool, but so are dogs. Can't we have dogs as well?

ps. I think cats are cool, but so are dogs. Can't we have dogs as well?

As long as the dog remembers who's boss.

pibbur who reckons that if the dog doesn't remember, it soon will be made to remember

4ee5a7cd61474b0ead1a4cbe89c8bfc5.jpg

I can't really say what I'd like to see, but I can tell you which sites I don't go to anymore because of their redesign...

Bankrate.com
SyFy.com
IGN.com

If it's a big, obnoxious picture wherein each article header takes up the entire real estate of a 1440p monitor, I'm pretty much not coming back.

Can you stop with the Pony options in the polls, it's impossible for me not to click those.

Personally I visit the site on the phone more than on computer (by necessity, not by choice), so if the site was a little more mobile friendly it would be great. PC should of course still be the main focus though.

Last edited:
2017: Dumbing down our PC webspaces for mobile kids.

Something modular would be nice, I guess, where I could make actual use of my 40" screen space any way I deem useful.

Responsive design just means the website re-arranges itself according to the size of the browser. For instance, right now the top area of the page has three columns then it all gets followed by the news items. If it has responsive design then that would depend on how much room you give it. If you're maximized on a 2560px wide screen then it might push the two left columns further left, the picture column further right, then shove the main news list right up to the top between them. If you resized your browser down to around 1000px wide then it drops back to the current design. If you keep shrinking more down to just 500px then then the picture column goes away completely. If you make it crazy thin then the column with the reviews goes away, too - or maybe it just skips the top area completely and goes straight to the news list.

It's the best of several worlds! Well, for the people reading the web page, anyway.

That's what I would actually like to see: pretty much the same as we've got, just use the space given a bit smarter.

Better than Zloth, who looks like he hasn't dated in a long time. ;)

I browse the watch almost exclusively on mobile. When I’m on my pc I’m gaming. Not sure why the site would need to be more “mobile friendly” or what that even means.

The site displays perfectly on my iPhone and iPad. What would need to be change to make it “ mobile friendly”?

Also definitely don’t want an app, nothing more annoying than trying to go to a site and it keeps wanting to launch its app.

I think one of the biggest strengths of the website is the current design, actually. It's a classic. The colors, how clean it is, how easy on the eyes it is, the layout, everything is great.

All I would say is that if you do end up doing a mobile version, make sure you keep the desktop version as an option for each user, so those of us who like it the way it is can ignore the mobile friendly version.

Nexus mods with their site redesign where they are blowing up everything, making it super-jumbo sized, is really dumb in that they should just keep offering their current design too, which is suited for desktop as the desktop version…lol, it's like, they don't understand that they can have both!

Unfortunately, a lot of people have been brainwashed into thinking change = automatically good and an improvement in today's society, when it often isn't the case.

All the advertising they are constantly exposed to in the mass media has brainwashed them into thinking this way, because changing website designs, at least as far as I've observed them, often take a turn for the worse, not the better (lol, but not as if they want to hear it, because that would hurt peoples feelings, and we are all about not wanting to hurt peoples feelings these days)

It's true what's been said. It ain't broke.

Spuce it up. Add some new colors… add a gizmo or gadget here or there… ok. But please go slow.

As best as I can tell, it really really ain't broke… Yet.

__

Last edited:
I browse the watch almost exclusively on mobile. When I’m on my pc I’m gaming. Not sure why the site would need to be more “mobile friendly” or what that even means.

The site displays perfectly on my iPhone and iPad. What would need to be change to make it “ mobile friendly”?

Also definitely don’t want an app, nothing more annoying than trying to go to a site and it keeps wanting to launch its app.

You don't find yourself zooming in and out a lot on the phone? I do that anyway, and also often switch between landscape and photo depending on if I'm reading or writing. That's what I'm referring to. Convenience.

No and what happened to the redesign of the logo? You all need to take care of your prior bizness furst.

One quirk I do have on my Ipad is whenever I go to a recurring thread, it goes to a fixed older post and not to the latest post. Very irritating on the long term threads like Price or TV watching. OTOH, no problems at all with the PC.

I voted no, The site works well, it loads quickly and doesn't crash unlike many ad heavy sites that I no longer visit.

One quirk I do have on my Ipad is whenever I go to a recurring thread, it goes to a fixed older post and not to the latest post. Very irritating on the long term threads like Price or TV watching. OTOH, no problems at all with the PC.
When you click on the tab for RPGWatch in Safari on the iPad, it looks like it is loading the site, but it isn’t. Safari just loads what is in the cache. You need to do a refresh to load the site.
Is that what you mean? If so, I am not sure if there is anything that can be done on our side about that.

Back
Top Bottom