Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem loading. Takes longer than the last couple of days. No error pages though.

Both the web server and the SQL database are thread based and sometimes one of the cores hits a load of 100%. If the thread that is being used for displaying your page or querying the database, runs on that core, it is stalled for a number of seconds.
Normally all cores are operating at a low percentage and at the moment I’m still not sure what is causing the high load every so many seconds on one of the cores. It appears to be related to the web server and not SQL. So it could be a PHP script doing something flaky.

And me that was thinking it was my internet connection.

Going by the description, it is probably a server side script. Too bad doing thread dump in php isn't that simple, that would make it easier to find the guilty party.

I usually get the slowdown when posting a new post, if that is of any use.

Very slow today around 12:55 GMT.

20 - 30 second load times, just in before a timeout, I'd say.

Really bad in general the last day or two. Just took me 45-60 seconds to load the last page of this thread. At 17:17 CDT in the US.

ditto. I kept thinking it was glitched when I saw titles instead of images - then it finished rendering.

At least there's no ad banner taking up the right third of the page.

Happens to me all day as I said before eventually the webpage will load then give me a blank page. After that I need to wait five minutes to visit the webpage to load it properly.

Wonder if Add Blockers are the reason sometimes?

Yeah, don't get me wrong, it hasn't just been slow the last day or two. The site's been insanely slow ever since the day of the server move last November. The slowness has never went away, it's been consistent ever since that day. Just saying it seems even worse than usual the last day or two.

It seems to vary for me greatly, but I don't visit many other sites so I'm not sure how this one measures up to others. This one seems at least as quick as my email and the one other site I visit.

It is odd that it is always slow. I cannot reproduce that. For me it loads fast and sometimes it doesn’t. I can see that also when I check the processor load. Sometimes it hits 100% for some reason and for the rest it is at a few percent. I have several timers running, but it never seems to stall on the same thing. It is always something else.
Although for the last two days I am getting system messages of high memory usage by the server for a certain time. It looks like someone or something is making a lot of connections at certain time slots.

As I am unable to link it to a specific script, I am planning to set-up a reverse proxy, which should theoretically help.

Its not always slow. Its tolerable for me, even when it is slow.

Yeah, it's no great hardship for me. I'm just posting in case it helps to identify the gremlin.

It is odd that it is always slow. I cannot reproduce that. For me it loads fast and sometimes it doesn’t.
When I say it's been consistently slow since November, I don't mean every single page load is slow. I guess what I mean is that during every individual "visit" to the site, I get some number of slow page loads. That seems consistent. But sometimes it's a higher % of page loads than other times, and sometimes the delays are much longer than other times.

edit: this visit seems like one of the faster ones I can remember in a while, after it was crazy slow the last couple days. Weird.

edit2: and now it's back to insanely slow, at 9:55PM CDT in the US. Had to wait about 20-30 seconds just after hitting the "Edit" button on this post.

Last edited:
OK, I have found one issue that for the moment should make the performance better.

Yep, last couple of days I've had good performance.

Lets me fourth that site load time are back to normal if not faster.:nod:

Same, no slowness last 2-3 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom