Movies/TV to watch during Corona - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Movies/TV to watch during Corona

Default Movies/TV to watch during Corona

March 30th, 2020, 23:57
Originally Posted by Hurls View Post
Dr Strangelove!!!
Because of that film, I only drink rainwater and pure-grain alcohol. One of the few enduring comedies, which often don't age well.

Capt. Huggy Face

Aging Gamer
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
+1:

March 31st, 2020, 08:41
Purity Of Essence - @Capt. Huggy Face

Hurls

Non-twitch gamer
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

March 31st, 2020, 16:04
Anytime is a great time to re-watch Dr. Strangelove!!!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
+1:

March 31st, 2020, 18:26
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
Millennium is a darn fine show. See, these are the kinds of shows I'll rewatch these days rather than the current drek that's available, and laughing passes for any sort of entertainment.
It sure is. Though, some of the episodes haven't aged very well. And I very much liked the first and second seasons a lot more than the third.

Weird how The X-Files got a lot more mainstream acceptance than Millennium. I also saw all 9 seasons of the X-Files 10 years or so ago. It was nice. But it was mostly for the very likable duo of Mulder and Scully. Most of the Monster-of-the-week episodes have aged quite badly. But the main conspiracy plot was pretty good. But nowhere near as good as Millennium.

Another reason I'm rewatching it is that for years now I've had a specific memory of scene that I think is from this series, but I'm just not sure if I ever saw it, or if I dreamt it. It involves Frank Black going down a set of outside stairs (attached to a building face that's on an interior courtyard). And he gets shot at the bottom of the stairs.

Anyways, I'm not sure at all why that memory has stuck with me, but I keep wanting to go over the series to finally confirm if such a scene is in Millennium. I'll have to see.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

March 31st, 2020, 18:44
Originally Posted by danutz_plusplus View Post
Another reason I'm rewatching it is that for years now I've had a specific memory of scene that I think is from this series, but I'm just not sure if I ever saw it, or if I dreamt it. It involves Frank Black going down a set of outside stairs (attached to a building face that's on an interior courtyard). And he gets shot at the bottom of the stairs.
It has been 20 years but I think I remember Frank Black having a vision of being shot by his moustached buddy (Terry O'quinn) on a staircase, or someting like that…
--
The delightful and ever novel pleasure of a useless occupation.

Winterfart

Passenger

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

March 31st, 2020, 19:04
Originally Posted by Winterfart View Post
It has been 20 years but I think I remember Frank Black having a vision of being shot by his moustached buddy (Terry O'quinn) on a staircase, or someting like that…
Really? I hope so. I'm looking forward to the last episodes even moreso then. I just finished Antipas, with the final appearance of Lucy Butler (unless I'm mistaken)? I loved this recurring character.

Come to think of it, I also loved Terry O'Quinn in it. Would have loved more of him in the series. He's one of my favorite actors that never managed to get more recognition. I loved him in LOST.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

April 1st, 2020, 00:26
I'm currently feeling like the guy stuck in the village. TV show is The Prisoner, 1960s classy cool stuff. Highly recommended.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Prisoner

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)

April 1st, 2020, 03:31
I liked The Prisoner a lot… until the last episode.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Movies/TV to watch during Corona