Starlink

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Looks like NMS' clone wannabe is coming to town next week (villages already got it about half a year ago):
https://www.pcgamer.com/ubisofts-sci-fi-adventure-starlink-battle-for-atlas-comes-to-pc-next-week/
Ubisoft's sci-fi adventure Starlink: Battle for Atlas comes to PC next week

The console version came out in October 2018.

From the game site (consoles version):
https://starlink.ubisoft.com/game/en-ca/starlink
Starlink: Battle for Atlas is a new action-adventure game where you assemble a custom starship mounted to your game controller to launch into an interplanetary adventure.
Lead a group of heroic interstellar pilots who use modular starships to mix and match their unique gear and skills on the fly. Travel the star system to unite the galaxy against villainous destructive forces.

The word on internet is that the main plot is an abyssmal repetitiveness although there are some stories to follow (well, it is Ubisoft's game so there).
The game does sound like NMS clone, but unlike NMS the main design in Starlink is bore a player to death.
Also, although a full priced product, it contains microtransactions (yup, Ubisoft again) this time not cosmetics though but pay2win ones. o_o

Maybe something will be different in the PC version, we'll see. I'm kinda interested but the game is ESRB 10. *sigh*
I don't even remember when I was 10… A dozen of centuries ago maybe?

Well the ESRB 10 rating is because the game is for young kids apparently. Also don't forget this game is a way to sell more toy merchandise to kids while they play.
While the game can be played digitally, the game features toys-to-life elements in which the player can buy toys, which are ship components, for the game. The player can place their toys on a custom controller mount, and their digital counterpart will appear on-screen. When the player swaps the components of their real-life toy ships, its counterpart will also reflect such changes instantly.Each ship has two points which allows the player to connect spacecraft parts with the ships.Purchasing a physical part also unlocks its digital counterpart, meaning that the player does not necessarily have to use the toys and the controller mount to play the game.

Yeah, I was poking around, trying to figure the game out and it seems aimed at ages 10-15 or so. It does look fairly good (if repetitive) for that age group. I'm sure I would have loved it if it had come out on the Atari 2600.

Back
Top Bottom