Marvel’s Avengers: A-Day - E3 2019 Trailer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Two years after teasing the game at E3 2017 Square Enix showed off Marvel’s Avengers at E3. The game is being developed by Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montréal.

Marvel’s Avengers begins at A-Day, where Captain America, Iron Man, the Hulk, Black Widow, and Thor are unveiling a hi-tech Avengers Headquarters in San Francisco — including the reveal of their own helicarrier powered by an experimental energy source. The celebration turns deadly when a catastrophic accident results in massive devastation. Blamed for the tragedy, the Avengers disband. Five years later, with all Super Heroes outlawed and the world in peril, the only hope is to reassemble Earth’s Mightiest Heroes.

Marvel Entertainment and Square Enix are excited to unveil Marvel’s Avengers, an epic action-adventure game that combines cinematic storytelling with single-player and co-operative gameplay. Developed by Crystal Dynamics in collaboration with Eidos-Montréal, Nixxes Software, and Crystal Northwest, Marvel’s Avengers will release simultaneously for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X, Stadia, and PC on May 15, 2020.

Anyway I would have preferred a new Deus Ex game instead. Oh well.:(

Last edited:
Can't care less about superheroes in videogames. Unless it's Saints Row 5.

But a game from Crystal Dynamics? Can't care less what's it about, it'll have spectacular hair thus I'm buying. :D

Another wait and see. I have enjoyed Crystal Dynamics games and I enjoy the super hero genre, but until I know a lot more about the gameplay....

Info appearing:
https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-avengers/new-heroes
New heroes and regions will come to Marvel’s Avengers completely free of charge. The new game, which was revealed at Square Enix’s E3 conference, won’t charge for new content, which will arrive over a number of years.
https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-avengers/loot-boxes
Square Enix’s Avengers game will feature an online component with four-player co-op and new heroes added over time. However, the publisher promises a fair long-term monetisation model, including no “random loot boxes” and no “pay-to-win scenarios.”

The implication is that you’ll be able to spend money on something in the game, but we don’t yet know what.
*gasp* Is it really happening outside of Belgium?

To tone down the excitment, there is one certain return to real world article:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-06-11-why-keanu-won-e3-and-the-avengers-didnt
Why Keanu won E3 - and the Avengers didn't
We were ready to hear a release date from Keanu Reeves in 2019 because he did not pretend too hard to know what he was talking about. He was just happy to be part of the ride, and we were happy to have him there because we knew him.

Recognition! I did not realise that I could recognise Keanu from his silhouette, as if he was part of the Overwatch roster - which, one day, he probably will be. But when the door went up, the smoke poured out and there he was - tall, slightly hunched, arms apart, that hairstyle that only he can make work. Did Cyberpunk have a good E3? I didn't think that much of the cut-scene they showed, which was a surprise because I loved last year's trailer. But it didn't matter, because Keanu carried them anyway.
But look: you recognise the characters and you recognise the bosses and the music. And then: Avengers. You recognise...the uniforms? The air of Mild Peril? But who's wearing Captain America's outfit? Whose voice is that coming from Iron Man? The panic starts to rise a little. Who are these people wearing my friends' clothes and borrowing their banter? The final guitar clash was pure horror: what have you done to Paul Rudd?
To be honest I can't agree 100% on this.
My opinion is that Keanu won because the game he was hosting is not PEGI5 nor ESRB5. Just like (most of) his movies aren't. Most... But I still can't wait for Bill and Ted 3.

What the hell happened to the world, I need the next Hulk game? I want to play the Hulk on a rampage, throwing cars at building high monsters to smash, bash and mash!

The closest thing that we few years ago was Prototype but that did not do well.

Still no clue at all how the game actually plays but I kinda doubt they are re-skinning Freedom Force.
I want to play the Hulk on a rampage, throwing cars at building high monsters to smash, bash and mash!
Hulk! NO!

Back
Top Bottom