Assassin Creed: Vahalla revealed - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Assassin Creed: Vahalla revealed

Default Assassin Creed: Vahalla revealed

May 1st, 2020, 12:52
Trailer has been out for one day or something. It uses Vikings, as such, it is going to be the best of them all. Only settings that could trump is Japan. Assassin Creed Daimyo superior to Assassin Creed Vahalla superior to the rest.

Gameplay trailer is oozing RPGness while sticking to the original series.

Looking forward to watching it being streamed.
--
Backlog:0

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

May 1st, 2020, 13:35
Yup, thought the trailer looked interesting, a bit like Odyssey with some base development. What's not to like!?!

kborom

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

May 1st, 2020, 14:17
Originally Posted by ChienAboyeur View Post
Trailer has been out for one day or something. It uses Vikings, as such, it is going to be the best of them all. Only settings that could trump is Japan. Assassin Creed Daimyo superior to Assassin Creed Vahalla superior to the rest.
What's this Assassin's Creed Daimyo you speak of?

Originally Posted by ChienAboyeur View Post
Gameplay trailer is oozing RPGness while sticking to the original series.
I beg to differ but the video is only a reveal trailer. A very nice one, I agree, but it's only a cinematic trailer which has exaclty zero gameplay in it and therefore it isn't "oozing with RPGness". I don't doubt the game will be a great RPG but don't get carried away: if the trailer oozes anything, it's action it oozes, only action. Not "RPGness".

EDIT: I just came to know that AC Valhalla gameplay will be revealed next May 7th during the Inside Xbox livestream.
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!
Last edited by henriquejr; May 1st, 2020 at 14:31.

henriquejr

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)

May 1st, 2020, 14:39
Originally Posted by henriquejr View Post
I beg to differ but the video is only a reveal trailer. A very nice one, I agree, but it's only a cinematic trailer which has exaclty zero gameplay in it and therefore it isn't "oozing with RPGness". I don't doubt the game will be a great RPG but don't get carried away: if the trailer oozes anything, it's action it oozes, only action. Not "RPGness"
Chien's probably taking the piss. He usually is.
--
"And if I laugh at any mortal thing, 'tis that I may not weep."

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)

May 1st, 2020, 14:41
Well once again I'll wait two years for the full game.

Also base building insnt new as part 4 had the island base.
--
"We live in a stupid society where everything is racist and diversity/identity is our strength. I feel like humanity is lost, common sense is erased. Welcome to the United States of Idiocracy"

Couchpotato

Dreg of Society

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

May 1st, 2020, 15:30
Any info on how much of an RPG it is going to be? Odyssey was a good step in the “right“ direction.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: The Witcher III

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

May 1st, 2020, 15:58
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Well once again I'll wait two years for the full game.

Also base building insnt new as part 4 had the island base.
part 4?

kborom

Watchdog

May 1st, 2020, 18:56
Originally Posted by kborom View Post
part 4?
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. It was the first game in the series to have full ocean ship combat also as you played a pirate. Assassin's Creed 3 also had naval combat but wasn't the main focus.

Back to my point you take over an island and upgrade the base.
--
"We live in a stupid society where everything is racist and diversity/identity is our strength. I feel like humanity is lost, common sense is erased. Welcome to the United States of Idiocracy"

Couchpotato

Dreg of Society

May 1st, 2020, 20:07
Ah right, cannot recall the base building in that, is was some time ago I played it though.

I quite like ahving a base in open world games though, so good for me.

kborom

Watchdog

May 2nd, 2020, 03:24
It is a good thing that there is a continuous line of new games he can enjoy being streamed. It saves him the time of actually playing something.

Dez

Man with the hat
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

May 2nd, 2020, 04:42
Ugh. There was too much smoke for their not to be fire with the whole "Ragnarok" rumor thing, but I'm still disappointed that this is the setting for the next AC game. They're going to have to work overtime to get me interested in the 1753rd Vikings game.

JFarrell71

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

May 2nd, 2020, 13:05
Originally Posted by Dez View Post
It saves him the time of actually playing something.
Not meant to cater streamers'needs first, that is omitted.

The current crisis has taught many lessons (or confirmed)

Vid products sales went up by more than one third and this, despite players complaining about huge backlogs.
No savings, those products in the backlog are not meant to be played, the crisis was not an opportunity for them to be played. Players will end with an even bigger backlog.

Players consider themselves games not because they play games but because they spend tons on vid products labelled as games.

On another side, for a few people, this crisis might end being annoying as it postpones the release of certain games meant to be played, which disturbs a planned schedule. This might even end with a backlog as too many games planned to be played will be hitting the shore at the same moment.

At the end of the day, one second spent watching a vid product meant for streamers is one second saved from playing this product and many more seconds that might be allocated to play games.
--
Backlog:0

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

May 10th, 2020, 21:13
Originally Posted by Morrandir View Post
Any info on how much of an RPG it is going to be? Odyssey was a good step in the “right“ direction.
As far as I can tell, it's going to be more of an RPG in terms of C&C - and it seems to emphasize loot and character building to a greater extent.

But details have yet to be revealed.

I've heard that all loot will be unique - and that something akin to actual classes will be implemented. But it's hard to know what's rumor and what's factual.

GlimpseDart

Mentioned: Post(s)
+1:

May 10th, 2020, 22:17
Originally Posted by Morrandir View Post
Giving the protagonist some agency through dialogue choices had a major impact on how connected I was to her (in my case), even if there were no major, lasting choices to be had. Odyssey also imo had one of the best collections of characters AC has ever had. It's about as repetitive in a gameplay sense, but the way you dress up those repetitive activities can make all the difference, and it's what raised Odyssey well above Origins, for example, which had a lot of NPCs that blended into each other.

It worries me a bit that the studio handling Valhalla is the Origins/Black Flag one and not the Syndicate/Odyssey one, considering that Syndicate and Odyssey are my favorite games in the series along with II.

JFarrell71

Keeper of the Watch

+1:

May 13th, 2020, 16:58
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
Giving the protagonist some agency through dialogue choices had a major impact on how connected I was to her (in my case), even if there were no major, lasting choices to be had. Odyssey also imo had one of the best collections of characters AC has ever had. It's about as repetitive in a gameplay sense, but the way you dress up those repetitive activities can make all the difference, and it's what raised Odyssey well above Origins, for example, which had a lot of NPCs that blended into each other.
Yep, same here. I'v stopped playing the series during the second game, but I really enjoyed Odyssey due to these reasons.

It worries me a bit that the studio handling Valhalla is the Origins/Black Flag one and not the Syndicate/Odyssey one, considering that Syndicate and Odyssey are my favorite games in the series along with II.
Oh, I see. Let's hope.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: The Witcher III

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

May 18th, 2020, 17:04
Ooh, good catch, @JFarrell71. I didn't realize the developers were different. If I ever call you Jim, ignore me. I worked with a Jim Farrell for 10 years, lol.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Skyrim Worshipper
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)

May 18th, 2020, 22:23
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
Ooh, good catch, @JFarrell71. I didn't realize the developers were different. If I ever call you Jim, ignore me. I worked with a Jim Farrell for 10 years, lol.
Haha, no problem. My name is Jason, for the record.

JFarrell71

Keeper of the Watch

May 19th, 2020, 20:11
I loved the second game so much that I decided not to play any of the sequels as they could only fall short of my initial experience.

I might have to check this one out though as it's been a long time and I love the setting.

tenebroustenor

Traveler

May 23rd, 2020, 01:36
I'll likely play this. But I am also sick and tired of Viking settings. Snow and ice and horned helmets just doesn't do much for me. More Ragnarok? More Oidin, Thor and Mjolnir?

Sheesh. I guess that stuff sells, though.

FizzyShellfish

Watchdog

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

May 23rd, 2020, 02:45
Originally Posted by FizzyShellfish View Post
I'll likely play this. But I am also sick and tired of Viking settings. Snow and ice and horned helmets just doesn't do much for me. More Ragnarok? More Oidin, Thor and Mjolnir?

Sheesh. I guess that stuff sells, though.
Not gods this time because they were a powerful race of humanoid aliens in Assassin Creed Lore. More likely it will be another lost artifact to help the assassin order again.
--

Couchpotato

Dreg of Society

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Assassin Creed: Vahalla revealed