The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Baez is good stuff, not a bad cut on any of her albums. Great, timeless tunes.

I'm ashamed to admit I never really heard of her by name - though I've obviously heard some of her work.

Thoroughly impressed, so far.

Try never to be ashamed of learning something new, it awakens some good parts of the brain, and the only thing that competes with it, in my experience, is then sharing that information with others. Good karma and all. =)

Try never to be ashamed of learning something new, it awakens some good parts of the brain, and the only thing that competes with it, in my experience, is then sharing that information with others. Good karma and all. =)

I'm ashamed to admit that I kinda lied - as I don't feel actual shame very often.

DOH!

I'm ashamed to admit….. DOH!

Doesn't compute - divide by zero….. CRASH BURN!!!!

Joan Baez, Patti Smith, the ladies of the Runaways, these are some of the rocks of my musical foundation and appreciation. I thank some of my older siblings for turning me onto music that I'd probably wouldn't have tried on my own. In between some of the beatings I caught for being such a sphincter of a child!

Joan Baez, Patti Smith, the ladies of the Runaways, these are some of the rocks of my musical foundation and appreciation. I thank some of my older siblings for turning me onto music that I'd probably wouldn't have tried on my own. In between some of the beatings I caught for being such a sphincter of a child!

I'm more a Patti Smith fan as I find it a mite harder edged than Baez. I did like the very short lived Slits as well.

I was playing around last night with some music, and I wondered how good the top-end synthesizers for orchestral arrangements are these days. Turns out, pretty good.

Cafe De Anatolia - Summer Mix 2021 (by Rialians On Earth)

Cafe de Anatolia has been my go-to channel for daily programming and software development background music for quite a while. Keeps the spirits high, doesn't distract, gently pushes forward with rhythmic beats and interesting basslines and is regularly sprinkled with a healthy dose of Arabian Nights mysticism. They are releasing one-hour mixes every week or so.

Indeed. I'm so glad Kim Deal liked the Washington/Baltimore area, I got to see her and the Breeders a few times. Pod was also one hell of a debut album, well worth checking out!!

Indeed. I'm so glad Kim Deal liked the Washington/Baltimore area, I got to see her and the Breeders a few times. Pod was also one hell of a debut album, well worth checking out!!

Breeders played just after Last Splash in Melbourne. Hot night, 40+ indoors, roadies throwing buckets of cold water over mosh pit. Not to stop it just reduce heat stroke. For encore she came back on stage with hair wrapped in a towel, cigarette hanging from corner of mouth and played at least six more songs, smiling hugely the whole time. Top five concert for me. Others? Mono - Hymn for the Immortal Wind Tour, Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense tour, Kraftwerk minimum-maximum tour (although The Man Machine tour was also amazing) and probably Slowdive revival.

Fear Factory's back with a new album after a long hiatus.

Back
Top Bottom