Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Patch 1.0.1c - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Patch 1.0.1c

Default Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Patch 1.0.1c

September 7th, 2021, 19:49
Originally Posted by Telstar View Post
I encountered a serious bug with a sorcerer MC, will retrain to wizard until they fix it. Everything else looks good.
Really? Which one please? I am playing one.

I didn't see any bug until now but I had my CPU going very wild (Ryzen 5600X) few times and 2 crashes.
Game is very good though so I go on stoically.

Kos

Watchdog

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

September 7th, 2021, 23:40
I only play TB and I've definitely run into a few bugs:

Charge just doesn't work like 25% of the time. Character will move 5 feet and then stop, unable go any further and wasting their turn.

Casting touch spells (especially cure/inflicts wounds) either from scrolls or from memorized list sometimes just consumes the spell without it actually hitting its target.

Ramien was no where to be found and I had to complete the quest in a way that didn't make me happy.

I've had the spell tooltip stick around on my screen once but I was able to get it to go away without reloading, although I'm not sure what I did.

All in all, the game is in better shape than KM was at this point. Nothing gamebreaking so far, and not enough to deter me from continuing, probably against my better judgment since I'm sure it'll just keep getting better over the next year or so…

Pineapple Ferguson

Watcher

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

September 8th, 2021, 00:16
All of the above, so yeah they must be fairly common and should get fixed ASAP
--
If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
+1:

September 8th, 2021, 00:32
Originally Posted by Pineapple Ferguson View Post
Casting touch spells (especially cure/inflicts wounds) either from scrolls or from memorized list sometimes just consumes the spell without it actually hitting its target.
This one drives me nuts. I also get stuck casting a healing spell and can't attack with that character (I can use other abilties on the quick bar). In a tough fight it's distinctly uncool to be forced to waste turns.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)

September 8th, 2021, 01:41
I only play TB and I've definitely run into a few bugs:

Charge just doesn't work like 25% of the time. Character will move 5 feet and then stop, unable go any further and wasting their turn.

Ramien was no where to be found and I had to complete the quest in a way that didn't make me happy.

I've had the spell tooltip stick around on my screen once but I was able to get it to go away without reloading, although I'm not sure what I did.

All in all, the game is in better shape than KM was at this point. Nothing gamebreaking so far, and not enough to deter me from continuing, probably against my better judgment since I'm sure it'll just keep getting better over the next year or so…
Ramien is hiding from inquisitors invisibly near the Temple of Desna.

Ephiron

Watcher

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

September 8th, 2021, 02:02
Originally Posted by Ephiron View Post
Ramien is hiding from inquisitors invisibly near the Temple of Desna.
This is also why I take so many "bug" reports with a grain of salt. Seen so many bugs reported on Discord and forums and Steam that are not actually bugs at all - just people assuming something is (because they didn't figure it out or misunderstood something or didn't look good enough).
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)

September 8th, 2021, 02:19
Originally Posted by Ephiron View Post
Same here. I play any major/difficult battle in turn based and I enjoy it. I really like mixing the two systems depending on what opposition I face. It's a like pinnacle of any party based RPG I've played.

The only significant thing I've noticed is when a player chooses a standard action and it doesn't play because the character ran out of move points to get in range. Turn ends and (if limited) a slot is consumed. I bet that's what players consider "very broken". However, I consider that player's fault for not planning it correctly, and in the next turn, the character can (possibly) finish the action by simply clicking on the target.

Bar some minor glitches here and there, what really troubles me is occasional crashing during loading. At this point, I'm stuck haven't been able to pass the loading screen to start Chapter Three…
I had that after the first defend the base fight…so yeah did that one again hehehe
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

September 8th, 2021, 04:00
Saw this on the Discord:

We are aware of the issues some of you are experiencing with the game crashing at 92%, specifically on computers (most commonly laptops) with an integrated Intel GPU. Thanks to the logs you sent us, we managed to identify the problem, and are working on a fix at the moment. However, the problem is rather complex, and fixing it will take some time. We expect to complete this work in about two weeks. Please accept our apologies for this delay.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)

September 8th, 2021, 09:32

I reported exactly the same problems.

For Ramien, could you at least complete Skyward Gaze before he disappeared?
I wouldn't be surprised if he went through the floor.

@Ephiron It's something else, he's just not there anymore, no spell or any amount of walking on his spot would reveal him, and there isn't any failed perception check.

The problem is that the devs may think the same, that it's not a bug. Hopefully they'll check the coordinates in the saved game.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
+1:

September 8th, 2021, 09:40
I upgraded to a new pc after playing the game for 3 or so days and it did not like that at all. Game crashed after the paizo logo every time. I applied a myriad of suggested fixes from turning off overlays to updating graphics drivers to removing registry keys and removing GoG dlls and beyond, nothing was working, until I did what one guy on the Owlcat forums tried: uninstalling GoG Galaxy. Worked perfectly via the executable after that (and if I reinstall GoG Galaxy the executable stops working. Uninstalling GoG again fixes it so it's not some other thing that's the actual fix).

So there's something (besides overlay, which I'd already turned off) that it didn't like there. I guess fyi if anyone else has issues with the GoG version.

Avantre

Sentinel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

September 8th, 2021, 10:06
Originally Posted by Avantre View Post
I upgraded to a new pc after playing the game for 3 or so days and it did not like that at all. Game crashed after the paizo logo every time. I applied a myriad of suggested fixes from turning off overlays to updating graphics drivers to removing registry keys and removing GoG dlls and beyond, nothing was working, until I did what one guy on the Owlcat forums tried: uninstalling GoG Galaxy. Worked perfectly via the executable after that (and if I reinstall GoG Galaxy the executable stops working. Uninstalling GoG again fixes it so it's not some other thing that's the actual fix).

So there's something (besides overlay, which I'd already turned off) that it didn't like there. I guess fyi if anyone else has issues with the GoG version.
First time I hear that Galaxy is causing something like this. Good to know!
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)

September 8th, 2021, 10:32
I'm on GOG Galaxy without any issues by the way.

Other than the invisible character bug, I've not had any bugs yet. So lucky me

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)

September 8th, 2021, 10:51
So, this is Kingmaker. Exactly. It's big, buggy, ambitious, and probably not for anyone who really isn't into min-maxing the Pathfinder universe. And if you don't believe me, play on normal and let me know how that goes. (I play on hard. But I'm a hard nyctophile who has been playing D&D in many iterations for decades; I know how to game the system.)

And - and - it's the most amazing f'ing thing to come out in gaming, because I'm a tabletop gamer who wants that experience dropped into a PC game. And… this did this. Again.

Kudos, Owlcat. I'll just throw you money next time you have a project.
--
My mother said that dreams aren't real. But nightmares are.

FurtiveNyctophile

Sentinel

+1:

September 8th, 2021, 10:52
Luckily, the bug I came across yesterday (Pause no longer activating in RTwP) turned out to be easily resolved by restarting steam & the game.

Feist

Sentinel

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

September 8th, 2021, 10:52
(OMG did I mention it's… so buggy. I had to redo the "inn defensive combat" like five times because… who knows? It's an Owlcat game out in the first month!)
--

FurtiveNyctophile

Sentinel

September 8th, 2021, 11:35
Originally Posted by FurtiveNyctophile View Post
So, this is Kingmaker. Exactly. It's big, buggy, ambitious, and probably not for anyone who really isn't into min-maxing the Pathfinder universe. And if you don't believe me, play on normal and let me know how that goes. (I play on hard. But I'm a hard nyctophile who has been playing D&D in many iterations for decades; I know how to game the system.)
I'm not a min-maxer and I love the game? ? I also don't play tabletop

But yes, it is like Kingmaker in a sense its big, buggy, ambitious but also UPGRADED

purpleblob1

Princess

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

September 8th, 2021, 12:35
Originally Posted by purpleblob1 View Post
I'm not a min-maxer and I love the game? ? I also don't play tabletop

But yes, it is like Kingmaker in a sense its big, buggy, ambitious but also UPGRADED
Oh if I had a dime for everyone I've met that said "they don't play tabletop" until they meet me and my band of goons…

I'd have a few dimes.

But yeah, the game is amazing.
--

FurtiveNyctophile

Sentinel

September 8th, 2021, 12:47
Originally Posted by Avantre View Post

That's not fun…

Normally you should be able to launch the game outside of Galaxy, simply by running the Wrath.exe executable. If that works, just create a shortcut to it. At least you wouldn't have to touch Galaxy, if you're using it for other games.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

September 8th, 2021, 13:11
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark View Post
This is also why I take so many "bug" reports with a grain of salt. Seen so many bugs reported on Discord and forums and Steam that are not actually bugs at all - just people assuming something is (because they didn't figure it out or misunderstood something or didn't look good enough).
True but false as there are some bugs right now that ruin your game-play. Minor ones that make you wonder how they missed them, and major ones that affect combat.
--
Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)

September 8th, 2021, 13:45
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
That's not fun€

Normally you should be able to launch the game outside of Galaxy, simply by running the Wrath.exe executable. If that works, just create a shortcut to it. At least you wouldn't have to touch Galaxy, if you're using it for other games.
Yes, normally that'd work and has for various other games I had issues with over the years. But in this case the wrath executable crashed while Galaxy was installed, but didn't crash when Galaxy was uninstalled. I even went back and reinstalled Galaxy to confirm wrath.exe started crashing again as soon as it was back. (And uninstalled Galaxy a second time to get the game working again).

To be fair to Galaxy the issue had to be specific to a piece of the new hardware in my new pc as well (or the new pc lacking some obscure driver somewhere, even though I went through and installed every c++ package from 2008 on as one of the fix attempts) as it worked fine with Galaxy for those first 3 days on my old pc. Overall one of the weirder issues I've had with a game over the years.

Avantre

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Patch 1.0.1c