General News - Upcoming RPG / Adventure Games - Page 4 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » General News - Upcoming RPG / Adventure Games

Default General News - Upcoming RPG / Adventure Games

September 22nd, 2021, 11:38
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
I would just point out that nothing has been cut off, and you were actually extremely rude yourself at the point of your leaving. Had you not left at that point, I would have addressed that, too.
Regardless what you say, it was cut off. If you wish me to leave, just go back to make news of that kind.

I couldn't care less about what you think that needed to be addressed.
Nereida is offline

Nereida

Banned

#61

Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 444
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Default 

September 22nd, 2021, 11:40
Originally Posted by Nereida View Post
Regardless what you say, it was cut off. If you wish me to leave, just go back to make news of that kind.

I couldn't care less about what you think that needed to be addressed.
OK, just bear in mind that you'll be moderated just like anyone else that thinks they can behave like that, and I certainly don't care if you want to have another "delete my account" tantrum.
--
"I cannot define the real problem, therefore I suspect there's no real problem, but I'm not sure there's no real problem."
Richard Feynman
Ripper is offline

Ripper

Ripper's Avatar
Ngikufisela iwela
Super Moderator

#62

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 11,006
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)

Default 

September 22nd, 2021, 11:45
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
OK, just bear in mind that you'll be moderated just like anyone else that thinks they can behave like that, and I certainly don't care if you want to have another "delete my account" tantrum.
Definitely. I expect you to do your job as a moderator and I expect not to be exempt from the site's TOS.

It will not, in any way, restrain my opinions however. Seeing the amount of personal, obsessive harassment that some members of this site put against other members, I also expect it's a long way before anything of what I say becomes too troublesome, but you know, I can have bad days, and if I overstep, I too need to be reminded that it is not okay.
Nereida is offline

Nereida

Banned

#63

Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 444
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Default 

September 22nd, 2021, 11:48
Originally Posted by Nereida View Post
You say that, but generally you will post more newsbits about topics that interest you, or views that align with yours, hence validating your opinions by exposing that there are published opinions like yours. I don't mean "you" as if singling you out, I mean it in the general meaning of "you". You, me, they.

In a nutshell, that gives you a privilege and in a way it is your own interest, maybe not in every news post, but in a good number of them. I haven't seen a negative opinion about PF:WotR posted a newsbit, for example, I only saw summaries of favourable scores. The only negative article I saw was posted by a user.

That kind of things. You keep in mind, it's your power, your privilege. Those who read have their own privilege, much more limited, to respond in that same thread, with but a tiny fraction of the visibility that your messages get.
Believe me, there's no privilege spending time trying to find what entertains you. I'm not a professional doing a paid job, nor am I using the forums to post what I already know. It's simply easier for us newsposters to start with what we know and can assess.

But I'm trying to post news that are outside of my comfort zone now and then. Like this one, or about JRPGs, because I know that some of you like that. And I'm more than happy to hear feedback on it, especially if that lets me see exactly what it is you like or dislike.

There's a way to suggest articles if you'd like to see it published (PM or "contact us"), that's what I did when I wasn't part of the team, and what a few others do. Of course it's always easier to criticize than to participate, isn't it. Same old story.

You also have to understand that we need to maintain some motivation and get some satisfaction out of it. Plus it has to be satisfying for most readers too. So I can't just go about posting news and ignoring the response, it's not sustainable.
Redglyph is offline

Redglyph

Redglyph's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

#64

Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Good old Europe
Posts: 3,179
Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

Default 

September 22nd, 2021, 11:51
Originally Posted by Nereida View Post
It will not, in any way, restrain my opinions however. Seeing the amount of personal, obsessive harassment that some members of this site put against other members, I also expect it's a long way before anything of what I say becomes too troublesome, but you know, I can have bad days, and if I overstep, I too need to be reminded that it is not okay.
OK, but do also bear in mind that I don't believe there is "personal, obsessive harassment" going on. Sometimes particular people tend to bicker, and sometimes people enjoy being provocative themselves, but then getting upset when they get some in return. I have very little time for that.
--
"I cannot define the real problem, therefore I suspect there's no real problem, but I'm not sure there's no real problem."
Richard Feynman
Ripper is offline

Ripper

Ripper's Avatar
Ngikufisela iwela
Super Moderator

#65

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 11,006
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)

Default 

September 22nd, 2021, 11:51
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
Believe me, there's no privilege spending time trying to find what entertains you. I'm not a professional doing a paid job, nor am I using the forums to post what I already know. It's simply easier for us newsposters to start with what we know and can assess.

But I'm trying to post news that are outside of my comfort zone now and then. Like this one, or about JRPGs, because I know that some of you like that. And I'm more than happy to hear feedback on it, especially if that lets me see exactly what it is you like or dislike.

There's a way to suggest articles if you'd like to see it published, that's what I did when I wasn't part of the team, and what a few others do. Of course it's always easier to criticize than to participate, isn't it. Same old story.

You also have to understand that we need to maintain some motivation and get some satisfaction out of it. Plus it has to be satisfying for most readers too. So I can't just go about posting news and ignoring the response, it's not sustainable.
No, I get it, and sometimes there is nothing new to talk about, so you have to bring in those "lists" of "best RPG of the decade" and such, to keep the conversations going. I understand that, and often it's overseen how hard it's to create interest where there is none.

In general, I just prefer if people can give their opinions, heated as they are, without losing their nerve. It's okay to have strong feelings about a topic, afterall, we are passionate about videogames, and that's why we are here.
Last edited by Nereida; September 22nd, 2021 at 12:09.
Nereida is offline

Nereida

Banned

#66

Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 444
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Default 

September 22nd, 2021, 11:53
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
OK, but do also bear in mind that I don't believe there is "personal, obsessive harassment" going on. Sometimes particular people tend to bicker, and sometimes people enjoy being provocative themselves, but then getting upset when they get some in return. I have very little time for that.
I know of an user that goes wherever I go, doing personal insults against me even when it has nothing to do with him. I may be having a debate with someone else, and at some point, there in the middle, you will find the insulting one-liner directed at me, for absolutely no reason. It's kind of stalking, at this point.

But that is okay, been dealing with the attitude for 15 years, with far worse cases than him. I don't expect you to do much about it, because I've grown a thick skin.
Nereida is offline

Nereida

Banned

#67

Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 444
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Default 

September 22nd, 2021, 11:55
Originally Posted by Nereida View Post
I know of an user that goes wherever I go, doing personal insults against me even when it has nothing to do with him. I may be having a debate with someone else, and at some point, there in the middle, you will find the insulting one-liner directed at me, for absolutely no reason. It's kind of stalking, at this point.
Oh I now who your taking about as that user does the same to me as well.

He's now user #2 on my ignore list.
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Professional Shitposter

#68

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Spudlandia
Posts: 27,675
Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

September 22nd, 2021, 12:00
If something like that was actually going on, I would certainly do something about it, but I don't accept that it is. I think what's actually going on is that you enjoy being provocative (which you stated just the other day), and sometimes that's going to attract pushback. That's fine - I've often been there. But I do think you're imposing a particularly malicious intent where that's not justified by the facts.
--
"I cannot define the real problem, therefore I suspect there's no real problem, but I'm not sure there's no real problem."
Richard Feynman
Ripper is offline

Ripper

Ripper's Avatar
Ngikufisela iwela
Super Moderator

#69

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 11,006
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

September 22nd, 2021, 12:05
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
If something like that was actually going on, I would certainly do something about it, but I don't accept that it is. I think what's actually going on is that you enjoy being provocative (which you stated just the other day), and sometimes that's going to attract pushback. That's fine - I've often been there. But I do think you're imposing a particularly malicious intent where that's not justified by the facts.
I would find that valid if it happened around a certain topic, in a same thread. When it sprawls different unrelated topics or threads, without further provocation or even acknowledgment, it enters the realm of obsession.

But I am not going to enter a debate about it, because we are not equals in this. You have the power, and you have made your choice. And I can deal both with him and with a moderator that does not particularly like me or my provocative way to convey messages, so I am not troubled.
Nereida is offline

Nereida

Banned

#70

Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 444
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Default 

September 22nd, 2021, 12:26
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
This youtuber is quite good but he likes various games, some you may like, some not, it's a question of personal taste.
I see. I guess that answers my question.
lackblogger is offline

lackblogger

lackblogger's Avatar
SasqWatch

#71

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,051
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

Default 

September 22nd, 2021, 12:27
Well, Couch, you know you do quite often pop up and take a swipe at something I've said in a random thread. But I put that down to the fact that we sometimes rub each other the wrong way, so I don't really take it personally, and don't assume it's some anti-British campaign on your part (although this is a possibility). If you remember, actually, we always got on well, and I used to stick up for you when you were a newsposter too, and I was not a mod.

Originally Posted by Nereida View Post
But I am not going to enter a debate about it, because we are not equals in this. You have the power, and you have made your choice. And I can deal both with him and with a moderator that does not particularly like me or my provocative way to convey messages, so I am not troubled.
That's fine. We don't need to debate it. Just so long as we understand each other.
--
"I cannot define the real problem, therefore I suspect there's no real problem, but I'm not sure there's no real problem."
Richard Feynman
Ripper is offline

Ripper

Ripper's Avatar
Ngikufisela iwela
Super Moderator

#72

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 11,006
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)

Default 

September 22nd, 2021, 12:40
Anyhow, folks. We've done a magnificent job of trashing this poor thread, so I think we'll call it a day. I think perhaps I've been a bit too quiet with the moderation, and just needed to make a few things clear. Feel free to start a thread in P&R if you have something to say about the moderation, and so on - but let's try not to let it spill out into the regular threads, where it bums out the readers.
--
"I cannot define the real problem, therefore I suspect there's no real problem, but I'm not sure there's no real problem."
Richard Feynman
Ripper is offline

Ripper

Ripper's Avatar
Ngikufisela iwela
Super Moderator

#73

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 11,006
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » General News - Upcoming RPG / Adventure Games
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:32.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch