The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Another track from Dream Theater's upcoming album:

I like this better than the previous one.

pibbuR who knows the importance of not being seen.

PS. Notice the cover of the new album?
resize

Its's from Kjeragbolten, a mountain in the southern part of Norway (Yes, some people like to stand on the rock):
image76-2026776-7-1486881466765.jpg

Thought you might like to know that (I certainly wanted to tell you.
DS.

EDIT: First image disappeared. DS.

Last edited:
Yes, I've seen pictures of people climbing on that rock. It looks quite firmly wedged in there, but, personally, I won't be jumping up and down on it. It has a Roadrunner and Coyote quality.

I really like these two, and I'm looking forward to the new album. (Hey! ᗅᗺᗷᗅ! Look at this, over here!")

About time for a re-direct. ;)

… but not much longer.

The new Yes album: The quest. I was a bit optimistic after hearing the first solo from the album. But after hearing through the rest of the tracks (availabale on Youtube) I must say I'm disappointed. Sadly, the rest of the album is … (more than) a bit meh. Forgettable melodies, and not very exciting instrumental parts.

Here's "Damaged World":

Tralalalala …. hm … definitely not a revival of the Yes I knew and liked.

pibbuR who now has saved money for buying other things.

This afternoon, just in case the neighborhood was lulled by my recent musical choices, I took some Rollins out with me.

I did get some glances!
If that's not enough, next time bring som Magma. Like this one, De Futura from Üdü Wüdü (actually one of my favourites):

pibbuR who thinks he has (it's a bit difficult with Magma) all their albums.

Sometimes I think when I take to the porch that I'm trying to recreate the best of one hundred twenty minutes, back when MTV actually played music, and sometimes it was actually music worth listening to. Man, if someone could put all that live music from that show on CD's, I'd save up to buy them all.

Oh man, and they were pretty awesome live in concert. One of those bands just chock full of talented musicians, you could tell that from the moment they hit the stage.

This afternoon I decided to serenade my block with the Pixies. It was marvelous!

My first girlfriend was a little holiday romance, and she was a Pixies fanatic. I was more about Nirvana, but I learned to appreciate them. :p

I don't know if anyone was interested in the Robert Plant/Alison Krauss interview I posted, but here's the Calexico song they say got them moving again. I've always liked the band, and I've been listening to the song a lot.

Back
Top Bottom