The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Number 5. Dream Theater "Dark Eternal Night" from "Systematic Chaos":

pibbuR who prefer the heavier aspects of DT.

PS: Again, there are a lot of other tunes I could have selected. Two examples:

"Honor thy Father" (with a slightly different looking Petrucci):

"Home":

DS.

Number 4. A "Sight to Behold" by Gojira.

Gojira is one of the 2 bands where monster cookie vocals are OK to my ears. The other band is Opeth.

pibur who beholds a lot of sights.

PS. Anyone who has seen them live? Their coming to Oslo@Norway januar and I'm considering getting a ticket. DS.

This evening I took Megadeath to the porch with my supper, Back to the Star. Seventeen excellent cuts, all well worth listening to!

And several of my neighbors were not amused. -p

Finally had a metal singer on the masked singer.:smitten:

The whole album by Secret Sky, that was the band of Loreena McKennitt a few years go ... What a gem of celtic/world music !

I'm not a big soundtrack guy, yet there are a few I quite enjoy. Today I took to the porch with the Streets of Fire album, I can still recall the first time I saw the flick, in the summer of '84, I think maybe three others were there watching. I doubt it did well at the box office, yet I fell in love with Diane Lane there, on a very hot June afternoon, in Aiken, S.C. The first two songs are rather peppy, likely best enjoyed at a decibel level of one hundred or higher.

Ahhh, the mail service was kind to me today, and delivered a CD from a friend that I've been waiting for! The band is Plush, and unlike most of the bands I listen to, they are relatively new to the music scene, this is NOT the Plush from the nineties. The singer is really good, yet the drummer is fantastically awesome, with her leading the band I don't see a limit to their potential. In a few years we might all know them a lot better.

Checked them out on iTunes. Very good. Singer sounds a bit like Ann Wilson, which is not a bad comparison.

Tried to find the album, but they are not present on iTunes (in Norway) or Bandcamp. I'll see if my local pusher can get it for me.

pibbur who doesn't hate anybody, but likes Hate.

PS. No, Spotify is not and option, so don't you dare recommend that to me. Hah! DS.

PPS. If you do, despite my warning, I'm not going to put you on my ignore list (currently empty),DS.

Been a while since I've followed up my "my favourite songs" thread. But here's number 3: "Uninvited" by Alanis Morisette.

I think this tune and her performance is extremely good, no doubt that she desereves this high position on my best of list. Even if her dancing seems a bit atactic. The simple piano tune, and the development from delicate to massive - out-of-this-world.

pibbur who, despite his fascination with the tune, is mostly fascinated with the wife.

Ahhh, nice!! I think that's from her Woodstock show, I was there and fought my way to the very front. I might have not been at the very first Woodstock, yet I did manage to get to the two that happened in the nineties. I quite enjoy that song as well.

Hadn't heard that one in a long time, Pibbur. Good tune.

Number 2:

"Sound Chaser" by Yes (Steven Wilson remix):

Also found an intersting cover on piano:

pibbur who sometimes is fairly near his edges.

PS. Since Relayer is my favourite Yes album, let's also take a look at this live version of "Gates of Delirium":

PS.

I'm currently listening to the "Top 444" list of a local radio station which concentrates on music from the 60s, 70s, 80s.
https://www1.wdr.de/radio/wdr4/aktionen/top444/finale-platzierungen-104.html

One comedian announced a certain title by the group "Queen" as "I want to have a gratis breakfast".

Guess which one he meant ? ;)

(Hint : It was number 60 in this top hits list.)

The Rolling Stones & Boston Dynamics.

No, wrong, that's not its title.

Back
Top Bottom