Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning - Review by Mortismal Gaming

I dont know why I bothered to play this game till the end. A Sigle player MMO with very boring Side quests. When I finished it i remember to think, "Finally".
What I remember of this game is that was too easy, too by the book and most of all boring. It was this game that made promisse myself that i dont need to play a game to the end if I am not enjoying it. With so many good games to remaster/remake why did they pick this???

Yeah describing it as a single-player MMO fits the game. As one has to remember it was supposed to be a tie in to an actual MMO, but we all know the troubled history of this IP.

As for the game it had a few good quest lines but in the end it was a very forgettable game. Seems talented writers and developers don't always make good games.
A single-player MMO? Must be a new rare type of game?
Probably because the game uses hubs like an MMO were each area has different quests to complete separate of the main story-line. It even had guilds you could join.

All the basic building blocks of MMOs.

It's an awful game. Let it die, folks, seriously. Considering all the talent involved, it's hard to fathom how bad this game was, then again you all know what they say about too many chefs and whatnot. You'll have more fun bludgeoning yourself in the head with an aluminum bat.

It's an awful game. Let it die, folks, seriously. Considering all the talent involved, it's hard to fathom how bad this game was, then again you all know what they say about too many chefs and whatnot. You'll have more fun bludgeoning yourself in the head with an aluminum bat.
Well it wont die as more DLC is getting released and there's talk of a sequel.

Seems the legal drama is finally over as well.:)

I dont know why I bothered to play this game till the end. A Sigle player MMO with very boring Side quests. When I finished it i remember to think, "Finally".

You've got some serious fortitude for bad games. I think I quit KoA after about 20 hours. Maybe less.

I enjoyed the House of Ballads quest and then you can uninstall because it quickly devolves into mindless respawn maps of hell.

I liked the look of this one and for the first 20 hours it was pretty fun....but the balance was way off.

Now, as for bad games there are much worse out there then this....

I enjoyed it for what it is (though it remains unfinished), a way to let off a little steam with nearly mindless gameplay that simply allows you to relax and just have fun for a few minutes. I too think that single player MMO is an apt description!! :)

It was pretty good but with way too many secondary quests "MMO" style.

I think I managed about 15 hours or so before throwing in the towel. It had some good foundational pieces in some parts of its design... and yet, it all added up to bland, generic-feeling gameplay.

I'm pretty certain it was test bed for the MMO they were developing (which is where a lot of the money went to). They should have just ditched the MMO and put the money into improving the SP game, with limited co-op of course (its structure would fit that).

Edit: oh, Couch kinda says that already. :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom