Blizzard - Former Blizzard Devs Found New Studio - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Blizzard - Former Blizzard Devs Found New Studio

Default Blizzard - Former Blizzard Devs Found New Studio

October 27th, 2021, 17:33
GamesIndustry.biz reports that a new studio has been founded by ex-Blizzard employees.

Former Blizzard devs form Notorious Studios

Riot Games invested in the studio as part of a $5m funding round led by Galaxy Interactive

A group of former Blizzard developers have announced the creation of their own company, Notorious Studios.

All Notorious employees previously worked on World of Warcraft, including the two co-founders. Chris Kaleiki used to be systems and class designer on Blizzard's MMORPG, while Doug Frazer was a senior gameplay engineer. They both left Blizzard in October last year.

[…]

Kaleiki told GameBeat about the company's plans to foster a positive, inclusive company culture.

"The challenges that Blizzard's had that have been unearthed in the last several months or so have been really troubling, hard to hear about," he said. "It affects us as well, even though we've been out of Blizzard for a while.

"What's important is starting a culture and having no tolerance for harassment and things like that, and also being transparent and open. We're aspiring to do a flatter structure. None of us are leads or directors."

More information.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

October 27th, 2021, 17:37
Not the first time and wish them success. Just don't make more online A-RPG's. Who am I kidding their mostly EX-Warcraft online employees so it will probably be another MMO.
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
+1:

October 27th, 2021, 17:46
Love the choice of name, Notorious But that comes from a game guild, not related to what's happening in their previous company.

Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Who am I kidding their mostly EX-Warcraft online employees so it will probably be another MMO.
Indeed, apparently the values for the new project are
- core RPG fantasy
- multiplayer gameplay
- combat focus

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

October 28th, 2021, 01:57
Ugh, so nothing of worth to be expected with that pedigree, they could at least get away from the 'fantasy' setting for once

shamroxor

Watchdog

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

October 28th, 2021, 06:32
The real talent lay in Blizzard North anyway

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

October 28th, 2021, 06:54
Can't deny that after Diablo 2, Warcraft 3, and Starcraft 2 it was all down hill. Now that's just my personal opinion as I think the move to the MMO/online focus was a mistake.

Still what do I know it made Activision Blizzard billions and that's all that matters.
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
+1:

October 28th, 2021, 07:08
..the move to the MMO/online focus was a mistake.
For us gamers definitely, but for the company it was the right thing to do, same with Rockstar focusing on GTA Online, who needs single player campaigns when online drek prints money
I guess I want game developers to do well enough to continue what they're good at but not too well, as that's when they get the ability to set up an online version which spoils everything

shamroxor

Watchdog

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

October 28th, 2021, 09:17
Can't deny that after Diablo 2, Warcraft 3, and Starcraft 2 it was all down hill. Now that's just my personal opinion as I think the move to the MMO/online focus was a mistake.

Still what do I know it made Activision Blizzard billions and that's all that matters.
That's what matters to them, not you.

All I can say is that Diablo 2 brought me to the world of RPGs so whoever created that game deserves a pat on the shoulder from me. Other than that I was never a big fan of any of their other games.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)

October 28th, 2021, 15:43
If their success depended on nothing but that amazing font, Notorious would already be a winner!
--
--| sometimes game writer |--

screeg

floating head

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

October 28th, 2021, 18:07
I doubt they'll ever generate anything that intrigues me.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
+1:

October 28th, 2021, 18:45
The logo and studio name are pretty good, I'll give them that.
--
"Let Justice Be Done, Though The Heavens Fall"

To check out my games library, and see what recent games I'm playing, visit my steam profile! -- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982351404

Arkadia7

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

October 28th, 2021, 20:54
So… multi-player fantasy, it sounds like. Not really my cuppa, but we'll see what emerges.

rjshae

Periapt vs Paronomasia
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Blizzard - Former Blizzard Devs Found New Studio