Iceland wins

Iceland beats Argentina 1-1!!!!!!

Aye, great game and excellent win by Iceland.

You know that 1-1 isn't a win, right? Iceland didn't beat Argentina, it drew against them. :rolleyes:

That being said, it was indeed a pretty heroic game, they fought like true Vikings and did deserve the draw. I can see them ending first in that group, actually. I'm rooting for them too (aside from Belgium, which play today).

Games have been kinda lackluster honestly, except for the Spain-Portugal game which was spectacular.

Yup, I'm aware. I just actually consider that a victory for Iceland, as holding Argentina to one goal is pretty darn impressive!!

I've found every single game to be worth watching, so far. I despise blow-outs, so nil scores or low ones really set the mood for me =)

You know that 1-1 isn't a win, right? Iceland didn't beat Argentina, it drew against them. :rolleyes:

Similar to cricket where two teams play for four days, it ends in a tie, and both sides are thrilled.

If Germany continues with this kind of sluggish playstyle - I will root for Iceland.

Yeah lots of happy folk around in Brussels tonight unsurprisingly. :)
I'm now hoping England can get off to a winning start!

I vote for the red devils (Belgium) as the next world champions!

( I am dutch, at least they spreak my language... Well, about half of them anyway)
( ok, I am still annoyed we didn’t qualify ��)

Yeah, that was pretty late in the game... but I'll definitely take it!

Argentina is not that good. Yea, messi is there but the defence sucks big time. It's 2018, you need a good team to go far into the tournament.

And if someone mentions Portugal, well then your tactic is full defence and wait for Ronaldo to counterstrike, well you might stand a chance if you are really lucky.

Indeed, quite accurate about both the team and Messi. If something happens to him, the rest of the Argentinian team might as well pack up and go home. He's not only their best forward, his performance is about all they have left, when they lose him they are looking at a complete rebuild.

Btw how does iceland natively play soccer on the ice ? Isn't that hockey ?

They are not barbarians. They have cleared off a nice section of basalt from the nearest volcano and play on that. The luxurious grass fields of tournaments are magnificent compared.

Can't stand Portugal, as soon as somebody looks their way they fall down and try to get a free kick. All teams have players that do this from time to time but Portugal is just the worst. Pepe… hate that guy. I wish that sort of behaviour would be penalised more, if it was then maybe the culture would change for the better.

Pepe in action:
https://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/comments/8siu5n/pat_vs_pepe/?st=JINNJ2UZ&sh=8aa94b8a

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom