|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

Yesterday, 15:33
I really want to play ATOM but I keep hearing that it is likely to get more patches/updates, so for now I'm still romping around Enderal. Considering the game cost me nothing, I'm having a great time, the fights are pretty tough and the story has me running from one quest to the next!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

Yesterday, 18:35
You've heard partially right.
The patching is over (except apparently a few hotfixes for stuff you can find only if you know they're broken). Also, they' promised corrections to enemy AI (automatic pathfinding results in silly routes sometimes, happens sometimes an enemy trashmob kills his own comrade due to friendly fire).

But that's it. So buy.
What they're actually working on is the game expansion. Is it standalone or will happen after the game finale, it's not clear yet, but it won't mess the current game. Apparently.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)

Yesterday, 18:44
I tried ATOM and, partly due to being in a gaming funk right now, I just couldn't get used to the steep camera angle. It really made me appreciate Tim Cain's more lenient angle for Fallout 1/2.

Will try again some other time.

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Yesterday, 19:00
The problem is called: Unity. No cure to that clunkyness sadly, this engine is a slave to inferior hardware. Read: phones. Which means finger and doublefinger on touchscreen idiocy needed to be "ported" to k+m.

Luckily this game doesn't emulate phones' UI retardness with keyboard or mushrooms garbageware, but the camera is mapped on the mouse.
Humor yourself a bit with rolling midmouse and holding rightmouse then moving the mouse. It's easy to get into it.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Yesterday, 19:19
Atom is an RPG made in homage to the classic Fallout games made on a shoestring budget. I didn't expect a new Bethesda style Fallout with a bloated budget.

As for the Unity Engine it has many pluses and drawbacks but being made for inferior hardware is not one them. The company is also going public so it's not going anywhere.

Back to Atom it took me a while to get used to playing, but once I did I couldn't stop playing it. It's also getting new content released free for buyers so that's a plus.
--
"Not every game is crap, but most of them are. I said it so it's true." - Couchpotato

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.

Couchpotato

Grumpy Potato

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)

Yesterday, 19:43
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
I didn't expect a new Bethesda style Fallout with a bloated budget.
I wouldn't buy ATOM if it looked like that.

In other words, even being horrible as PC engine (but is basically instaport from phonedeveloped software onto PC), I'd take Unity any day over Gamebryo renamed into something else with every update.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Yesterday, 19:49
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
I wouldn't buy ATOM if it looked like that.

In other words, even being horrible as PC engine (but is basically instaport from phonedeveloped software onto PC), I'd take Unity any day over Gamebryo renamed into something else with every update.
Don't call it the Gamebryo Engine Joxer it's now called the Creation Engine.

Still recall reading the replies from thread about Bethesda and it's obsolete engine. They should just adopt the id Tech engine but it can't render movable objects.
“No, because of moveable objects [in Fallout 4],” reasoned Hines. “Doom has interactive stuff, but it doesn’t account for hundreds and thousands of little items that you can pick up and move and they’re all individual. It’s not suited for a game where you want to have thousands [of items] and clutter the world with all this stuff that’s all interactive and has physics. It’s just not what it’s for.”
--
"Not every game is crap, but most of them are. I said it so it's true." - Couchpotato

Couchpotato

Grumpy Potato

+1:

Yesterday, 21:56
I've no need to buy ATOM, sponsored it from the start and I've been raring to go into it for months now. Based on the comments here, that might turn out to be sooner rather than later!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
+1:

Today, 14:04
Yeah, I'm looking forward to playing ATOM as well. I spent a little time with the release version and enjoyed it well enough. I'll wait a bit longer before fully diving in since they still seem to be tweaking it.

I'm playing Metro Exodus now.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

Today, 19:42
Playing Far Cry New Dawn then probably give Metro:Exodus a look to see if I'll enjoy it.
--

Couchpotato

Grumpy Potato

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?