Yakuza: Like a Dragon - System Specs

There is no coincidence, the idea started spreading from shills for mmo&i9 mainstream sites where noone most probably never played any of those games.
And then, because sources were mainstream rubbish sites meaning a valid and picproved without any pic axioms for many, people started spreading the word, again without playing anything.

Well I've played both, and there are definitely similarities even if they're superficial. It's pretty obvious why some people would be reminded of Shenmue.

The starting point for Shemue and Yakuza are similar: navigating a 3D sandbox recreation of Japan with gameplay based largely around hand to hand fighting and minigames. It's likely not a coincidence: Toshihiro Nagoshi, the creator of the Yakuza series, worked as a producer on the first Shenmue game.

Though I recognize the basic similarities, for me Shemue is a plodding, stilited affair with dull gameplay and absolute terrible story, writing and voice acting. Yakuza, though certainly not faultless, is by comparison creative, fun, and much more competently executed. Nothing the similarities doesn't threaten my enjoyment of Yakuza.

Well I've played both, and there are definitely similarities even if they're superficial. It's pretty obvious why some people would be reminded of Shenmue.
Not to me.

But it's highly possible I ignored some crucial detail others somehow see or I take it as some ignorable banality. I mean, I did miss the reason why some praise Arkane's Prey as a masterpiece - to me it's a forgettable mediocrity.

I'm picking this up on the series x.....going to spend a lot of time with this one I think.

Back
Top Bottom