Wasteland 3 - Delayed until August 28th

VO - It's not like if we were playing games written by great authors with quotable stuff thrown at us every 5 mns.
In many games the NPC are verbose and not that interesting.
Unless it's a climatic moment I rarely wait to hear the whole wall of words I receive each time we say hello to someone.

It's been my experience that fully voiced over dialogue has the effect of limiting dialogue options as well as making corrections and changes impossible or at least damn hard. Anything that makes flexibility in creating a RPG more difficult tends to make for a poorer game in the long run.

And the cost for full voice overs seems pretty big. IMO not worth it.

You can keep the condescension, jackass. Most of the delays occured before and independently of the pandemic.

Hm … interesting choice of words for someone so sensitive about foul language.

Btw. I dont mind delay as there is more then enough in my backlog and due no special expectations, this can only pleasantly surprise me.

Last edited:
Hm … interesting choice of words for someone so sensitive about foul language.

What makes you think I'm sensitive about profanity? Never have been, never will be. If you're referring to comments I may have made about the use of racist or misogynist slurs, that's not "foul language", it's ignorance made manifest. Besides, you're really getting worked up about jackass? You must have been raised by nuns.

You can keep the condescension, jackass. Most of the delays occured before and independently of the pandemic.

Ahh you had your little hissy fit, this isn't a long delay considering the condition of the world at the moment...I get it you are young and want things now...

Ahh you had your little hissy fit, this isn't a long delay considering the condition of the world at the moment…I get it you are young and want things now…

You don't "get" anything. You don't know anything about me, up to and including my age. You just saw an opportunity to act like a big man to a stranger and assume, based on jack shit, that you could accuse them of not caring about or not knowing about a fucking global pandemic. Put me on ignore and shut the fuck up.

Well that's no excuse. Quit sloughing off you lazy slackers!

Joking. Sorry to hear that. I hope everybody is well.

You don't "get" anything. You don't know anything about me, up to and including my age. You just saw an opportunity to act like a big man to a stranger and assume, based on jack shit, that you could accuse them of not caring about or not knowing about a fucking global pandemic. Put me on ignore and shut the fuck up.

Hehhehe. Yep, looking to be a big man...nope, don't actually care about that....just thought your reaction was typical of the appease me crowd. But hey, you want to swear and stamp your feet go all in....

Was watching a guy play an early access version of Wasteland 3, he was playing the brutal badass version (making obviously violent, unforgiving, badass choices, saving no one) and that was interesting to watch because I would probably never make those choices in an RPG (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8QM_apzCTg).

There was an article (https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...ss-effect-players-chose-paragon/#7cb6877e6cf5) where most people playing Biowares Mass Effect series tend to play the paragon Shepard, 92%. So to make a possibly false comparison, he was in effect showing the choices that possibly around only 8% would make. For what it was it looked possibly good. I mean, I have seen the advertisements for it but they mostly have not appealed to me. I obviously will wait for reviews but it could have potential.

Last edited:
Was watching a guy play an early access version of Wasteland 3, he was playing the brutal badass version (making obviously violent, unforgiving, badass choices, saving no one) and that was interesting to watch because I would probably never make those choices in an RPG (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8QM_apzCTg).

There was an article (https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...ss-effect-players-chose-paragon/#7cb6877e6cf5) where most people playing Biowares Mass Effect series tend to play the paragon Shepard, 92%. So to make a possibly false comparison, he was in effect showing the choices that possibly around only 8% would make. For what it was it looked possibly good. I mean, I have seen the advertisements for it but they mostly have not appealed to me. I obviously will wait for reviews but it could have potential.

Spoiler from the Demo:
I did a lets play for the Alpha Demo and also did these choices. It was quite interesting that you could make that much of a difference. The final boss in this case was actually converted to join your party, which I think was pretty sick. (he is like "lets kill people for fun and my artsy project")

Count me as another backer tired of the constant delays. At least it wasn't dealayed a full year.

Back
Top Bottom