Book of Demons - Dungeons & Streamers DLC

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Here is something that is specifically catered toward streamers and their audience: A special DLC just for streamers.

Warsaw, Poland - November 28, 2018 - Book of Demons, Thing Trunk's unique deck-building, papercraft Hack and Slash, today launches their free DLC "Dungeons & Streamers" bringing unique Twitch & Mixer interactivity to streamers and audiences alike!

Check out the new Book of Demons trailer showing off the exciting, interactive features found exclusively in the Dungeons & Streamers DLC.

The Dungeons & Streamers DLC allows Twitch and Mixer streamers a highly configurable way to interact with their audience as they play Book of Demons. The free DLC increases interaction between streamers and fans beyond the mere chat window, adding a new Help or Harm mechanic to gameplay. Help the streamer by dropping in health potions and bonus loot or Harm them by throwing more monsters into their path. All the while, streamers remain in control of their game by enabling or disabling features as well as selecting the strength of the audience's interaction with the game, turning the challenge up or down depending on fan response.

Book of Demons is a Hack & Slash deckbuilding hybrid in which YOU decide the length of quests. Wield magic cards instead of weapons and slay the armies of darkness in the dungeons below the Old Cathedral. Save the terror-stricken Paperverse from the clutches of the Archdemon himself! Featuring:

• Procedurally Generated Dungeons
  • 40 magic cards including magical and legendary variants per character class
  • Roguelike Mode for fans of an extreme challenge
  • 70+ different types of monsters, with different traits and custom mechanics
  • Xbox and Steam controller support
  • 3 underground realms and epic Quest Boss battles
  • Monthly and all-time Leaderboards, 200+ Achievements
  • Allow your Twitch or Mixer audience to interact with your game
  • Enable or disable select features through the Dungeon & Streamers DLC
  • Control audience influence strength
  • Limit the interactions to paid subscribers (Twitch)
Book of Demons is the first installment of Return 2 Games - a series of original mid-core titles, inspired by the early golden days of PC gaming coming from Thing Trunk. Book of Demons launches for PC and Mac OSX gamers on December 13, 2018.

More information.

@ChienAboyeur; liked that :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I do like ideas like that as long as they aren't shoved in your face and the game remains just as enjoyable solo (I mean, truly solo).
For streamers, such things are of course nice presents. Audience interaction is very important in the streaming business.

I really don't get the thing with streaming games. I admit I waste a lot of my time on the internet in general and more specifically Youtube. The 20 worst Idol auditions? Check. Band live performances with really, really bad video and and audio? Check. Numberphile? Well, not a waste of time for me, but in other people's eyes? So Check'.

But I don't think I've ever watched a game stream.

But of course, I know many people like them, no problems with that. And watchers make them. Good for them. But personally, I don't get it.

pibbur who aknowledges that maybe he would get it if he watched it. But who in this case is uncomfortable with contaminating his views with facts and therefore won't do that. For the moment.

Last edited:
Yeah, I also have never understood the desire to watch others play a product versus doing so myself. Probably has a lot to do with waiting in the arcades back in the day for my turn to feed quarters in the machine and get to play. Something I'll just likely never comprehend.

Yeah, I also have never understood the desire to watch others play a product versus doing so myself. Probably has a lot to do with waiting in the arcades back in the day for my turn to feed quarters in the machine and get to play. Something I'll just likely never comprehend.
It's the same with watching sports.

I'm hit and miss with sports, there are some I can watch avidly (hockey, soccer), some I'm just so used to watching I cannot go without (CFL, NFL), and some I tend to avoid ( Golf.....except for the Masters. Caddied there as a kid so that always brings back memories).

Driving a car in a circle, by the way, isn't a sport to me. But then, opinions vary.

I don’t think it is possible to play the same amount of sports as you watch and that also in the various different sports one might watch (unless you don’t watch a lot of sports).
It is different with gaming. It is very possible to play a game in the same time it takes, watching someone else playing it. I really prefer playing myself and I personally consider watching someone else play as a waste of time.
For me this does not only apply to streamers but also to watching professional players. I never watch any of that.

It's the same with watching sports.

Not for me. Partially because of what the myrthos said, partially because it's highly subjective and therefore not necessarily … for lack of words … rational (consistent? consequent?).

pibbur who also likes watching slow-tv progams on our national tv-station.

I kind of exaggerated that statement on purpose. Of course it's not the same, especially when you get older, since you can't as easily play sports then. But I remember when I was a teenager we used to play football every day literally from 9am to 9pm (if the weather and school allowed), only going home for lunch.
But the principle is the same: you watch sports to see people do it, who do it more competently than you. You also possibly root for a team and follow its games to see if they win the championship. It's the same with esports.
With non-esport titles, people are usually attracted to the streamer, not the game itself. It doesn't matter if the streamer plays Minecraft, Minesweeper, or This War of Mine. They are entertainers. It's akin to watching a stand-up comedian or an improv play.

I kind of exaggerated that statement on purpose. Of course it's not the same, especially when you get older, since you can't as easily play sports then. But I remember when I was a teenager we used to play football every day literally from 9am to 9pm (if the weather and school allowed), only going home for lunch.
But the principle is the same: you watch sports to see people do it, who do it more competently than you. You also possibly root for a team and follow its games to see if they win the championship. It's the same with esports.
With non-esport titles, people are usually attracted to the streamer, not the game itself. It doesn't matter if the streamer plays Minecraft, Minesweeper, or This War of Mine. They are entertainers. It's akin to watching a stand-up comedian or an improv play.

Oh, it certainly makes sense. Unlike my subjective, unlike part of my personal tastes.

pibbur

Last edited:
It is not registered on Twitch.

But I don't think I've ever watched a game stream.

Yet it is essential to determine the kind of products.

Streamers have specific needs and they are not compatible with every other kind of players'needs.

One example is that streamers do not have time to learn how to play a game (except dedicated to a few game streamers) Streamers must be operational very fast. Which usually means straightforward, shallow mechanics.

Gamers, players who are interested in gameplay, have little time to waste on products that are not even games.

On this site, as players are not that kind, products made for streamers can be popular.

Back
Top Bottom