Solasta - Patch 1.16

They added outdoor areas to the Dungeon Maker. Now just add shops and quest givers and people can start making campaigns.

They added outdoor areas to the Dungeon Maker. Now just add shops and quest givers and people can start making campaigns.

The most difficult part will be to add a dialog editor with triggers et cie. I suspect that by default, the way dialogs work in Solasta is pretty pretty complicate to handle.

As long as the Dungeon Maker doesn't support scripting, these campaigns would be shallow.

I finished the game but I wouldn't mind another run-through. I suspect that now I know what I am doing, it won't take nearly as long. There's a pretty "optimal" way to build a party in Solasta's main campaign that becomes... uh, readily apparent after one playthrough.

The sorcerer looks pretty cool and I want to play with one, the Draconic sorcerer and the Mana Painter come with some pretty awesome ready-stocked spells. The telling thing will be does the utility of the class (more spells and a couple abilities) match the sheer usefulness of a wizard's swiss-army knife approach, which is about how it should be in a D&D 5E system.

I really hope they add warlocks and bards one day. The other classes I couldn't care too much about; monks would be an interesting addition I suppose. They have the framework for a "druid" kinda there already with Ranger and Greenmage spells.

Really glad I supported this game. They produced a fun, finished product that did what it promised (turn based 5E ruleset) in a relatively short amount of time, and their development updates include cat photos.

I really hope they add warlocks and bards one day. The other classes I couldn't care too much about; monks would be an interesting addition I suppose. They have the framework for a "druid" kinda there already with Ranger and Greenmage spells.
Someone is working on a warlock mod, there are a few other ones as well:
https://www.nexusmods.com/solastacrownofthemagister/mods/120
https://www.nexusmods.com/solastacrownofthemagister/mods/categories/13/

Modding community has been very active on this game since EA. :)

The most difficult part will be to add a dialog editor with triggers et cie. I suspect that by default, the way dialogs work in Solasta is pretty pretty complicate to handle.
It would be easier with the same top-down view and a chat box, but if you have to create a cut scene for each conversation, it's making it very difficult. I'm wondering how they'll tackle this with the DM. If they do it at all; that'll depend on how high the demand is.

Someone is working on a warlock mod, there are a few other ones as well:
https://www.nexusmods.com/solastacrownofthemagister/mods/120
https://www.nexusmods.com/solastacrownofthemagister/mods/categories/13/

Modding community has been very active on this game since EA. :)

It would be easier with the same top-down view and a chat box, but if you have to create a cut scene for each conversation, it's making it very difficult. I'm wondering how they'll tackle this with the DM. If they do it at all; that'll depend on how high the demand is.

It's really to bad about the lack of scripting as it will hold back some really great mods.

It would be easier with the same top-down view and a chat box, but if you have to create a cut scene for each conversation, it's making it very difficult.
I don't think so. The dialog cutscene are all the same or at least highly standardized.
I wouldn't wonder if they have an internal tool where only the dialogue is defined (including text, voice overs, skill checks) and the cutscene is generated automatically.

I don't think so. The dialog cutscene are all the same or at least highly standardized.
I wouldn't wonder if they have an internal tool where only the dialogue is defined (including text, voice overs, skill checks) and the cutscene is generated automatically.
Not really, they explained in an interview that they've spent an awful lot of time hand-crafting the cut scenes, there is nothing automatic apparently. Not that it would be impossible to automatically set a basic, fixed camera by default, in function of who's speaking.

Moreover, because the camera is horizontal, they have to handle the ceiling that may be visible.

Then there's the issue of the voice acting, a cut scene without voice would be quite bad, with only the models and their low-quality faces to watch, and limited to a couple of subtitle lines to read quickly enough.

I see why they chose this presentation but there are definitely more cons than pros. I really hope they add a classic conversation window at some point.

Back
Top Bottom