Dragon Quest XI - Video Review

Dragon Quest XI is the BEST RPG I've ever played. Period.

Interesting. When I finish a game I really enjoy, I like to wait a couple months and reflect on it to see if I still feel the same way I did upon completion. I think there's a sort of honeymoon effect, and I have a tendency to place said game among my top 5 almost immediately after I'm done with it, only to have that change a few months down the line.

I wonder if the author is experiencing that sort of honeymoon effect, and if it's influencing his claim in any way, because although Dragon Quest XI may be superb (and I have no doubt it is), games like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI have been immortalized.

Nice UI, but this is for kids. Also that first grey monster looks like a penis with two penis arms. Super-childish voice acting and Zero Sea of Blood Massacres makes me designate this "Best RPG.." as AvoidWare.

I'm very content with amazing Tactics Ogre: One Vision MOD PSP. That has the adult brutal story I need.

The best trashmob description ever!

I am currently playing this and enjoying it well enough, in fact I am on pace to finish it, which is not all that common for me. I also played and finished Ni No Kuni 2 and also enjoyed that one. I can not at all agree with the "best JRPG ever" quote, but it's a decent enough game. Second all the previous posts regarding the Draconian settings... those are important if you don't want an easy/boring path through the game.

It's rare for me to watch long review videos, but this Kotaku review is excellent, a very interestingly made video and well worth watching the entire thing. Seriously, it's a really good video by a Dragon Quest expert who played the original for 300 hours in Japanese (and all the other Dragon Quest games) and he also calls it the best RPG he's ever played. Check it out, very good video.

Kotaku played it on Nintendo Gameboy.

Kotaku played it on Nintendo Gameboy.

Just watch the video, it's excellent. Truly the best review/love letter I've ever seen on YouTube. Give it a shot, joxy, give it a shot. :)

For what exact reason would I watch a Nintendo Gameboy video of a game I own and play on PC? A game I call mediocrity saved by puff puff?

For laughs? Don't have time for that.

For what exact reason would I watch a Nintendo Gameboy video of a game I own and play on PC? A game I call mediocrity saved by puff puff?

For laughs? Don't have time for that.

It's just an interesting review video. The guy has played every Dragon Quest in Japanese and points out things about the game that most people might miss. It was just a fun watch, that's all.

Back
Top Bottom