No follow ups to news about products

I think its really important to remember that this is a site whose content is created by volunteers. I buy pretty much every game I review, I think I got three as free keys, and felt obligated to play through them, with one game it was no problem, as I really enjoyed it, for another it was a slog fest since I didn't enjoy the game all that much, and the third game I essentially ended up beta testing, which I really don't enjoy. Since then, I haven't accepted a free key. So the reviews I post are selected by what products appeal to me and which ones I stick with. That is a very different procedure than professional reviewers use. I'm sure those who look for news try to keep readers in mind, but are also guided to a degree buy what people want to read or see. I've sent one or two links over the years for games I'd supported on Kickstarter, and which I thought deserved exposure. Also I only write reviews when it fits into my personal schedule. I also have a family, a job, and a social life, so those all limit my contribution.

I am hard pressed to think of a single RPG that is not covered here.. With the exception of console & mobile exclusive RPGs and I think there's near consensus from community that we don't want those covered here. There are some RPGs I wish were covered more and some less, but of course the Watch can only do so many interviews / reviews, so the rest is determined by what other gaming sites decide to cover.

Lots of RPGs in development (hell) go a long time without any news, but that's not really something RPGWatch staff can reasonably do anything about. But if I may make an unreasonable request, can someone please conjure up some news about Seven Dragon Saga?!?

I wish I could find some news about Seven Dragon Saga believe you me. I guess we will find out in due course.

I wish I could find some news about Seven Dragon Saga believe you me. I guess we will find out in due course.

I made a thread where we can wonder, speculate, and mourn over RPGs that are stuck in development Hell.

I am hard pressed to think of a single RPG that is not covered here.. With the exception of console & mobile exclusive RPGs
The point is already made in the thread: this kind of assumption requires knowledge.

This means having sources of information.

The point is already made in the thread: this kind of assumption requires knowledge.

This means having sources of information.

So you want RPGWatch to post news about RPGs that no one is aware of, including RPGWatch staff. That would be amazing! ;)

I adore this site and think the whole Watch team does an awesome job ... and they do it all as volunteers making it even more impressive.

So you want RPGWatch to post news about RPGs that no one is aware of, including RPGWatch staff. That would be amazing! ;)

People who are aware are aware.

When tapping in a limited source of information, obviously, the information is going to be limited.

This site can not cover all the rpgs that are released every year, there are too many of them.

People who are aware are aware.

When tapping in a limited source of information, obviously, the information is going to be limited.

This site can not cover all the rpgs that are released every year, there are too many of them.

Then what is the purpose of this thread? Do you want less coverage or more?

From what I can gather, you're criticizing RPGWatch for not having enough "continuity" in it's coverage of RPGs that it does cover (and / or also perhaps posting some low quality articles that are not particularly informative), yet you acknowledge RPG watch cannot feasibly create news that does not exist or discover every piece of worthwhile news about every RPG out there… So what exactly do you want them to do?

You may as well suggest that RPGWatch build a time machine and travel to the future in order to tell us the fate of all the RPGs in development that have had no news in months or years. @Myrthos;, what is the status of the time machine?

@Myrthos;, what is the status of the time machine?
It’s still very buggy. At the moment the only mode that actually does something is that when I operate it, time passes. When I stop operating it I am further in time compared to when I started operating it. But it is just a small step in time unfortunately.
It is also very sensitive. Just looking at it makes time goes by.
The switch for reversing things, doesn’t really do anything at the moment. Still working on that mode.

If you go up on top of a high mountain, you will pass the time quicker. That's just what gravity does.

The thing is that I need to do the opposite. Would being in a mountain deep hole do that? ;)

It’s still very buggy. At the moment the only mode that actually does something is that when I operate it, time passes. When I stop operating it I am further in time compared to when I started operating it. But it is just a small step in time unfortunately.
It is also very sensitive. Just looking at it makes time goes by.
The switch for reversing things, doesn’t really do anything at the moment. Still working on that mode.

That actually made me laugh out loud !
:lol:

Its like all those fine folks working at CERN, I'm fully convinced they're only there smashing stuff together to see if the Doctor eventually shows up and tells them to knock it off. Hey, it could happen!

Silver is doing a great job and I really appreciate his dedication. Instead of complaining, why don't you send Silver news link if you want something posted?

Surely you have noticed all the news I have found ahead of official announcements? It seems I have been found out and must confess that NZ lives in a different timezone.

The thing is that I need to do the opposite. Would being in a mountain deep hole do that? ;)

I believe the best place is in your parents basement!! :)

Yep. Sitting on the floor instead of in a chair would also work.

Then what is the purpose of this thread? Do you want less coverage or more?

From what I can gather, you're criticizing RPGWatch for not having enough "continuity" in it's coverage of RPGs that it does cover (and / or also perhaps posting some low quality articles that are not particularly informative), yet you acknowledge RPG watch cannot feasibly create news that does not exist or discover every piece of worthwhile news about every RPG out there… So what exactly do you want them to do?

There is a tremondous number of RPGs released every year, too many for this site to cover (so stating an impossibility to find one exhibits a shortage in information source)

That being said, among the ocean of RPGs released, it is possible to track a few of them continuously.

At the moment, it feels as if there was a space to fill, with items thrown in to do the job.
That day, one product, the other day, another one.

No continuity.

There is a tremondous number of RPGs released every year, too many for this site to cover (so stating an impossibility to find one exhibits a shortage in information source)

That being said, among the ocean of RPGs released, it is possible to track a few of them continuously.

At the moment, it feels as if there was a space to fill, with items thrown in to do the job.
That day, one product, the other day, another one.

No continuity.

Okay. I think I understand what you are saying. You want us to cover fewer RPGs but cover them in more depth?

Back
Top Bottom