Middle-earth: Shadow of War - Offical Trailer

For a Tolkien affictionado this is pretty silly. It looks great again and can be used as a good benchmark for your graphics card. Gameplay seems to be as boring as before. I'm skipping this one.

I found the first game fun; and while i did just about everything in the campaign; when I finished I was done. Perhaps it is a mistake to make a sequel just because a game is successful. I.e, undecided about this new incarnation.

No one is surprised at how unyielding appetite of console casuals can generate countless sequels with identical, boring gameplay.

Cool!! I can spend $60 again to play the same boring, mediocre game I tried playing before!! So excited!!!

(Sorry if I get anyone wet below me with the dripping sarcasm).

And would someone please make a damn PC game worthy of the Middle Earth world and lore!?

I enjoyed the first game a whole lot, much more than I thought I would when it was first released. I did not consider it much related to Middle Earth, even though it's supposedly set there, but as a game separate from Tolkien it was very enjoyable.

I do not automatically assume that a sequel will just be more of the same. There have been many game sequels which have significantly improved upon the original. I will wait and see how it turns out for this game. Then again, if someone didn't enjoy the first one I don't see why they would have any interest in a sequel.

Orcs, orcs and then some orcs.
Strange how with all of Tolkien oversaturation across all video games, we haven't seen a single game that fully utilizes it's lore and setting ( well of this type anyway).

The full lore would be a too huge amount of work, then a too huge budget, then hard to make it a profitable project.

Still it's right that this series is using very few lore of the original. LotR War In the North uses 10 to 20 time more lore.

Does anyone remember War of Ring? It was a fun little Battle Realms clone. Return of the King was a good action game too.

Back
Top Bottom