Kingmaker - Patch 1.1 released

Wow...this is starting to feel a bit like "The Witcher", when the Enhanced Edition was first released. Or maybe it's more like "VtM: Bloodlines" where the community patches just keep coming in a seemingly endless row.

Regardless, I have already noticed some very welcome improvements in the "Kingdom Managment" interface and I think I'll have to look over the changelog a bit more carefully later, in case there's something I need to look into.

This is the version they should have gone live with. They now sit on a ton of negative Steam reviews that most likely result from the buggy state at release.

The game is installed on my machine since release (backer), but anyone could notice I'm not following ongoing tips & impressions threads much. I'm not playing the game. Yet.

I'm panicking about the IMO horrible design choice mentioned at release - all quests being timed which can result in game over and not just one failed quest. I backed what's supposed to be RPG, not Assassins Creed 2.
Thus am basically waiting for timers remover mod.

Yes, I'm not waiting for any patch but a simple mod. Patches are good, patches are great, but it's not bugs I'm scared of here.

Be not afraid of these "timed" quests, there are hundrets of events and you can't solve them all - it's part of the game to miss some and makes sure your next walkthrough will be different.

Last edited:
I put my run on hold last week and decided to wait for 1.1. Finally, I can continue playing this weekend :)

But I have to be afraid.

Checked Steam patch feedback:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/0/3104564981105673594/?ctp=2#c3104564981106439752
Gamebreaking bug (if one is romancing Tristian): The "let's hide from your advisors" dialogue repeats every time you enter the capital square. As this conversations always teleports you to the bed chambers, it is actually impossible to leave the capital and thus do any quests oir travelling. Basically, it leaves you unable to continue playing the game at the moment.
As it usually happens with random generators and luck in games, I'd probably pick this very romance just because and of course it'd be the only one bugged in a way it breaks the game completely. You know that bugs love me. :)
Also happens with timed anything. If it'll ruin something in the game, of course the timer will expire regardless of how hard I try to finish something in a predetermined time interval. If won't ruin anything but will result just as irrelevant gimmick (for example no looting some cosmetics), well then whatever I do the timer won't expire.

Be not afraid of these "timed" quests, there are hundrets of events and you can solve them all - it's part of the game to miss some and makes sure your next walkthrough will be different.
I only missed one, but my party has been waddling around due to exhausting for a huge part of the game.

Tristian is a guy and he is not gay so I doubt you will pick that romance :D

https://wccftech.com/pathfinder-kingmaker-coming-consoles/
Pathfinder: Kingmaker Is Coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch

There hasn’t been a proper, official announcement yet. However, THQ Nordic’s latest financial report (where they also revealed the studio acquisitions of Coffee Stain and Bugbear Entertainment) included the title in a slide mentioning the most important announced projects in the pipeline, such as Metro Exodus, Dead Island 2, Wasteland 3, Shenmue III, Biomutant, Darksiders III, Wreckfest, Generation Zero and the console port of Pathfinder: Kingmaker. There are also two AAA, ‘top-secret’ projects by Volition and Deep Silver Dambuster in there.

That is one huge update. I suspect that many more are still to follow, so this will sit idle for a while yet, at least for me. When I do go back, I won't want to break off again so I'm going to let the baking get done.

Tristian is a guy and he is not gay so I doubt you will pick that romance :D
It was purplebob who missed that one. I missed:

Getting to Armag before he got the sword. I don't even know if it's possible, but it seemed that way in the quest text.
Edit: Ah, you were replying to joxer. My comment just happened to sneak in between those two comments.

Last edited:
How many GBs is that Patch big ?

Edit : Arr, my grrammarr ...

5.6 Gigs.

I will finally be able to pick this up again. Christmas holidays here I come!
I'm amazed they managed to shrink 4GB's off as the beta was 9GB's.:biggrin:

It will be at least another couple of "big" patches like this till it is in the state it should of been at release.

@joxer; that's the newest bug introduced with patch 1.1 only if you romance Tristian.

Before, we were getting endless ring dialogues (I think I have more than 20 rings from Tristian via cut scene which was annoying, but now, another dialogue loops which doesn't let you leave your room lol.

But I think the game is in pretty good state now :) and Owlcats are planning to release patch 1.2 near Christmas. Considering the game is huge, I'd say most of people can start playing now since the chap 1 to 3 has been rather bug free since the release.

Back
Top Bottom