Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden

Zloth

I smell a... wumpus!?
Yep gotta grease the palms to spread the word of your game.:biggrin:

This is either a good move or one that will backfire.

Last edited:
Palms? Riiight…
Joxer I was being sarcastic.:cool:

Also not the first controversy this game had today.

Edit: It seems the answer has been unmarked by either the OP or a developer/moderator as of 7:18PST. Here's a screenshot though https://i.imgur.com/wnqWooX.png

Edit 2: They responded to my thread about it https://archive.fo/5VhOx
Community Manager (Jens Erik) [developer] 7 minutes ago
We have removed the tag.
Edit 3: An actual response https://steamcommunity.com/app/760060/discussions/0/1744479064008591677/?ctp=2
Hey, Jens Erik from Funcom here. I am one of the community manager on MYZ: Road to Eden.
We do not agree with the views expressed in the comment that was tagged and when the tag was brought to our attention I immediately removed it. Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden uses Denuvo to prevent and slow down piracy, and we understand that not everyone is fond of this practice. We encourage players to express their opinions in a constructive manner and do not mean to mock players who disagree with companies using Denuvo.
Felt this deserved to be highlighted here since apparently DRM is important enough to warrant a disclaimer on major storefronts but it's against the rules to discuss many aspects of DRM and preservation on the other subs. Developers pinned this response to Denuvo criticisms on the Steam Discussion board.
Originally posted by Bluntly Honest Reviews:
Originally posted by Crispy The Jedi:
EVERY ♥♥♥♥ing game i can see has atleast 3 "you lost a buyer because of denuvo" threads on the first page of the forums. can someone tell me what it is?

Basically its a harmless software that stops piracy or rather aims to slow down piracy, however tinfoil hat people are convinced its using their $299 walmart pc to mine crypto currency or is collecting infomation on their my little pony fetish to sell to the russians :p
in short the type of people who cry about it are the type of people the game/community is better without.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/760060/discussions/0/1744479064007106063/?ctp=2#c1744479064007635100

What I want to know is… Is this Funcom's official stance on Denuvo? After all, it would explain why Conan Exiles never received a removal patch even after years since it's been cracked and accessible to pirates. Hell, they even uploaded a Denuvo-free executable on accident at release. Meanwhile, their customers are stuck with an inferior product where it's anyone's guess whether or not it will be playable tomorrow or even five years from now.

Why are developers doing that? Shareholders demand Denuvo applied and that's the sad truth about it - we can't do anything and developers can't remove it even after it gets cracked. But CM should know better and not to troll the community back, it'll just feed more trolls.

Wouldn't surprise me the steam forum gets slammed with #ripVoksi spams.

I purchased it a couple of days ago; and have been playing (gmg discount); if you buy it you can play it even if it isn't officially 'out'. I think it is quite well done but you might disagree.

The game is out… sorta. It's on my wishlist so I got an email saying its out and there's a news article on the Steam page saying its out but it still just says pre-purchase.

I also missed this bit: the company will pay "influencers"! https://steamcommunity.com/games/760060/announcements/detail/1710702066823498812

Probably not developers; but publishers making the decision.

Why are developers doing that? Shareholders demand Denuvo applied and that's the sad truth about it - we can't do anything and developers can't remove it even after it gets cracked. But CM should know better and not to troll the community back, it'll just feed more trolls.

Wouldn't surprise me the steam forum gets slammed with #ripVoksi spams.

Pointless to grease the palms of influencers: all it takes is to developp products to meet influencers' demand.

Influencers demand products to promote, products that are as good as they allow influencers to promote them.

This product is a good product for streamers, it meets their needs.

It's been a while that streamers' promotion effort is acknowledged, they offer keys, or discount codes (with a cut transfered to them)

This product simply includes a built in function to do the job.

Nothing abnormal in that. What is a bit more abnormal is players flocking toward products that are not meant for them.

It appears that devs got the signal about people who can not stand the thought of a product not meant for them and are finding newer and newer ways to milk them.

This is one game I do intend on playing, but I've relearned my lesson this year about buying games on the day of release. I'll give it a bit of time first to let some enhancements land.

While I am enjoying the game just remember it is closer to a shadow run production - the set of skills et all is limited. I woudln't call it baby-ified just not overly complex.

This is one game I do intend on playing, but I've relearned my lesson this year about buying games on the day of release. I'll give it a bit of time first to let some enhancements land.

Sounds like it's got a fatal (for me) flaw: too short. PC Gamer's reviewer got through it in just 15 hours. Sounds to me like they need some expansions to put more game into the game.

I don't like the pay-to-link bit at all. As I posted on that news bit, it sounds way too much like the old scheme in radio where record publishers would pay radio stations to play their music ("payola"). Think what happens if this gets popular. Streamers have hundreds of games they can pick from. They need something people will want to watch, naturally, but even when you throw out the ones that don't stream so well they still have many to pick from - but some will PAY you while others will not. Naturally the ones that get paid will be the ones they want to show! What's more, the streamer is paid via click-through. If the streamer doesn't like the game, who's going to use that link to buy it??

IMHO, that link turns the streamer into a free-lance advertiser. When you're being paid to advertise a game, a boatload of rules come into play. Rules I doubt the streamer is even aware of, never mind following. Rules that change from nation to nation, too, which makes a mess of things.

Overdoing it. This product provides nothing new in regard with streamers' renumeration.

Streamers require nothing people will watch, they require material to work with.
Hence products designed to meet their demand.

Streamers already strive to get paid: they are paid through donations, subscriptions, sponsoring etc This has nothing to do with radio economic models (that rely on pay through advertising)

Streamers will always favour products well designed for their needs over products with that kind of payment thing.

A streamer like COHH already streamed this product. He wont jeopardize the business model that made him a millionaire to reap a few bucks on the side.
He streamed it because he thought this could help him to spur donations and subcription as it fits in the way he runs his show. Not because of the support streamers stuff.
Streamers need products made for them, not a check from a dev.

This built in function could help the tiny streamers, those with something like 20 viewers as it allows them to monetize the promotion work they do.

Streamers usually stay away from deals like being paid to promote a product, it kills their business model.

Devs who take this into account seldom pay to get their products promoted. They make sure their product is good material for streamers to work with. Pointless to pay for something you do not need to pay for.

Back
Top Bottom