NWN - Enhanced Edition Coming Soon

My "love" for NWN is known on this site. And now it's getting whatever kind of rerelease?

4928635.gif

Wasted my $ on the original, not gonna happen again.

Excuse me, but which NWN game is actually meant ? I think there were several games bearing this name ?

That's one thing I'm hoping for - the revival of great modding community! BG/IWD/PST EE didn't really achieve that - altho not as big as NWN, BG2 had quite large and active modding community back in the old days!

Still one of my fondest gaming memories: Solo playthrough of WeiDu BG trilogy with Swordcoast Stratagems and some other mods as a rogue.
Thank god for "use magic device."

Maybe some EE do add real value but this one look like a fan mod! And thats also the point, in that it sort of disrespect all the fan mods that are free and add lot more than this so called EE…

What mod allow you to play the Windows only GOG version natively on Linux/Mac?

Or that let you run the game without CTDs and other system compatibility issues?

Last year, I tried to replay NWN (GOG Diamond edition) and I stopped because I was getting CTD every 20 minutes. Beamdog might not have changed the graphics* much, but that doesn't mean they aren't making a lots of improvement and bug fixes to the engine/toolsets.

*Even the modders aren't able to do that right now, the engine has a resource size limit of 16k.

If this happens every time - then I'm sure we've already had this debate several times.

You didn't understand that point of view then, so why would you understand now? :)

But I'll make you guys a deal.

You stop praising Beamdog for these wonders of the world editions - and I'll stop mentioning that they're cash grabs.

Deal?

Nah, people just don't understand their own point of view.

The people who complain:
- Bought NWN when it was released for $40 (it was closer to $60 actually)
- Bought both expansions for $20 each
That's $80 in the early 21st century and $100 in today's dollars (1.5% annual inflation which is generous).

Even if you bought the Diamond Edition for $20, this is still cheaper!

Now keep in mind, they already own it!

NWN EE is released in 2018 for $20 (reverse inflation would make it close to $15 when NWN was originally released).

"OMG it's less than 1/6th the price of when I bought it even though I own it and won't by buying this version! CASH GRAB blarg blarg blarg! This is my crusade even though ULA has been overcharging NASA and taxpayers an extra $200 million per space launch, or the countless government machines still running XP, because they're dragging their feet upgrading to 7 or 10 because of cost, even though it costs them more for private security updates from Microsoft!

No. The REAL evil is the price of this cheap updated game that i'm never going to buy anyways!"

What I really think is happening here, is we have a lot of unhappy people. Unhappy people complain to give validation to their unhappiness.

If you are unhappy in your life, perhaps instead ask for a hug. If you need a hug I can provide one. It may be virtual though.

Nah, people just don't understand their own point of view.

The people who complain:
- Bought NWN when it was released for $40 (it was closer to $60 actually)
- Bought both expansions for $20 each
That's $80 in the early 21st century and $100 in today's dollars (1.5% annual inflation which is generous).

Even if you bought the Diamond Edition for $20, this is still cheaper!

Now keep in mind, they already own it!

NWN EE is released in 2018 for $20 (reverse inflation would make it close to $15 when NWN was originally released).

"OMG it's less than 1/6th the price of when I bought it even though I own it and won't by buying this version! CASH GRAB blarg blarg blarg! This is my crusade even though ULA has been overcharging NASA and taxpayers an extra $200 million per space launch, or the countless government machines still running XP, because they're dragging their feet upgrading to 7 or 10 because of cost, even though it costs them more for private security updates from Microsoft!

No. The REAL evil is the price of this cheap updated game that i'm never going to buy anyways!"

What I really think is happening here, is we have a lot of unhappy people. Unhappy people complain to give validation to their unhappiness.

If you are unhappy in your life, perhaps instead ask for a hug. If you need a hug I can provide one. It may be virtual though.

Wow, that's quite a fantasy scenario about "people who complain" - who're apparently all the same AND unhappy because they don't agree with you ;)

It really shows how much attention you're giving each individual point of view.

Well done!

People who don't agree with Caddy = unhappy people. I will remember that :)

Also, it makes a ton of sense that minor modifications to a game that's 15 years old should be compared directly with a release version that involved developing the actual game.

Your little wisdoms are precious.

Snip

That sounded like "if you are not with me then you are an infidel I need to strike down" :)

I don't know, to me, you sound more or just as angry as people who doesn't share the same view as you.

As for a virtual hug, thanks but no thanks. Not that I'm feeling unhappy at the moment, but if I ever do, I will ask hubby, family or close friends for one ;)

I just know that if I ever experience true happiness again - I will be bitching about how people "complain" (which will be my code for "position I don't really understand but can certainly dismiss and trivialise as complaining") and offer free hugs to everyone because I'm just THAT happy ;)

I just know that if I ever experience true happiness again - I will be bitching about how people "complain" (which will be my code for "position I don't really understand but can certainly dismiss and trivialise as complaining") and offer free hugs to everyone because I'm just THAT happy ;)

I'll buy you a beer if i'm in your area.

BTW in case you didn't pick it up, i'm bored and am only arguing for the sake of arguing, and only half serious.

I'll buy you a beer if i'm in your area.

BTW in case you didn't pick it up, i'm bored and am only arguing for the sake of arguing, and only half serious.

You sound unhappy - do you need a hug my friend? ;)

That sounded like "if you are not with me then you are an infidel I need to strike down" :)

I don't know, to me, you sound more or just as angry as people who doesn't share the same view as you.

As for a virtual hug, thanks but no thanks. Not that I'm feeling unhappy at the moment, but if I ever do, I will ask hubby, family or close friends for one ;)

The offer still stands!

I don't actually believe half of what I said, in case that wasn't picked up. You are all my RPG buddies here and I love you all.

Watching the stream (because I'm bored at work).

- Trent pretty much called the pre-order an early access/beta for NWN:EE (which start today).
- He also said this was a long term project to improve the game with the community (making it bigger and better).
- Beamdog replaced the long dead Gamespy multiplayer matching system with something that works the same way (from what I understand they changed the master server).
- Thinking of enhancing scripting (already some new commands going by the release notes)
- Porting to 64bits
- They will probably post a roadmap for future features (sound like what is on the announcement is what they have done so far)
- Requirements are the same for now, but they might start to go up once they add in new contents
- They aren't changing the models as not to break existing fan made modules, new content will look better though and they are opening up the engine so modders can made better looking stuff too (if I understand that properly, it was a big technical)
- There was some more comment about them wanting to make "new content"

FAQ for the game (include compare screenshots).

Release notes.

Long read. Y'all killed my phone's battery. :p

Count me with the couple of folks who would've rather seen this come to NWN2.

I wonder what benefit would that bring to the game? There was no need back then, don't see why it would benefit from 64-bit apart from being able to run a thousand mods at once.

They have something on their roadmap that requires it from what Trent said. They were not extremely specific about it, it's a question someone asked.

Back
Top Bottom