Witcher 3 I don't think I can wait any longer!

The Witcher 3

bizorker

Sentinel
Original Sin 2 Donor
I have been waiting to play W3. I played the best of the recent RPG titles at launch over the last few years - i.e. original sin - and in hindsight wish I would have waited for patches, directors cuts, enhanced editions, etc. So I am determined to hold off on W3 to get the optimal experience, to savor like a fine wine. However...I seem to be out of other titles to keep me distracted, and I am running out of patience. What does the RPGWatch community say about diving in now? Is there anything major / meaningful on the horizon? Should I tough it out another month...or longer? Thoughts? I have my finger hovering over the 'buy now' button.

I'd say this is about as good as time as any, before second expansion or larger patches kick in. Runs without hitch right now and they fixed almost all bugs/glitches...this is about as good "vanilla" as it gets, future patches will probably only add to the main game.

Be the master of you :) You can hold off if you like. I believe in you!

Do it! Its polished. The paid DLC is not connected to the main campaign at all.

Last edited:
Since you've waited this long I would hold out for the inevitable Christmas discount. You probably won't go wrong picking up the Season Pass. Waiting for the Enhanced Edition won't give you a huge discount over a Christmas sale and waiting for the Enhanced Edition itself to go on sale is, well, masochistic. ;)

However if you already own it, no more waiting needed.

There have been some quality of life improvements that are nice, so patch up. Then pick up the free DLCs. The game didn't have a lot of rough edges to polish so you're good to go.

It depends on where you want to play it…

The GOG holiday sale is over, but the Steam one is still coming, probably? Either way, my advice would be to definitely grab it on one of these holiday sales - you'll find it for about fifty percent off. And it's really, really good:) If you're out of material to play, it's even better…this game draws you in and keeps you there…it's so rich, and so expansive, and there's so much to do.

Thanks all. I will look for a Steam sale. Excited to play this one :)

Back
Top Bottom