Kingmaker Pathfinder Kingmaker release thread

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Just turn on Invincible Kingdom, not Auto. Play on difficulty of Kingdom Manage as either Easy or Normal. The kingdom stuff isn't bad if you know you can't lose when it's crumbling if you made bad decisions.

I don't really want to deal with the kingdom aspect at all really, I found it tedious. I already have it on auto so I can't switch back anyways. I don't like the sound of it bugging out though :/

Hope it does not bug out for you. But please tell, if it does.

I don't mind the kingdom system, you are a baron/ess after all and I enjoyed planning out each cities. But the lack of clear explanation on how to manage it + the curse timer is starting to annoy me...

I've been waiting for the patches, so I have something like 8 characters ready to move to chapter two. Only my first character has dipped into the kingdom and he's level 7 or 8. I've been editing characters and playing with builds. My current game is an Aasimir sorcerer that I leveled up to 6 before leaving the first room. This gives him fireball :D The rest of the team is level one but it makes for flying through the prologue and early parts of chapter one. Swarms meet fireballs.

Once the big patching gets done, I'll go back to my non-cheat first game and continue on. Until then, I can mess with all of the other classes. I've got Amiri going Sacred Huntsmaster so she can armor up and have a pet with her on the front line. She won't have the wisdom to be a spell slinger, but that's okay.

I am loving the total chaos of these bug fixes. I had Amiri missing from my party for days and she suddenly showed back up again in the roster when I tried playing last night.

10/10 - embrace the bugs, it just enhances the experience. I put my kingdom on Auto to prevent it from crumbling around me and that just added a whole 'nother layer of bugs. On the bright side, I did manage to find Armag's Tomb by creating a "perception" character, a druid with max perception and wisdom wearing the eyes of perception. I was surprised that not only did Armag's Tomb open up, but a few other places on the map did as well.

This game is a brilliant mess. :D

High, high up in the mountains of the southwestern
I am still at start of the game. I brought a TN Druid (Valerie and Linzi) to start of Act 2, then I made a NE Necromancer (Jaethal and Regongar instead) and killed Stag Lord with him and then I started again with a solo Druid (with a leopard). Maybe bug fixes come before I go all in into Act 2 and beyond :D

Anyone playing on Challenging? It's pretty fun but I'm still getting used to the ruleset.

Anyone playing on Challenging? It's pretty fun but I'm still getting used to the ruleset.
I am playing on Challenging. I was originally planning to play on something between Normal and Challenging but since I got a power of "Load game" I decided for a higher difficulty.

Having my butt handed to me here and there is fun, it forces you to go "Hmm, what tactics to use to beat this". Otherwise the game would become boring too fast.
Also on lesser difficulties, good rolls could mask bad tactical decisions. It can happen on higher difficulty as well but less often (like how everyone complained about first 3 wolves you meet but when I played it, Amiri one shot the first one with a critical hit and it was easy after that :D)

I am playing on Challenging. I was originally planning to play on something between Normal and Challenging but since I got a power of "Load game" I decided for a higher difficulty.

Having my butt handed to me here and there is fun, it forces you to go "Hmm, what tactics to use to beat this". Otherwise the game would become boring too fast.
Also on lesser difficulties, good rolls could mask bad tactical decisions. It can happen on higher difficulty as well but less often (like how everyone complained about first 3 wolves you meet but when I played it, Amiri one shot the first one with a critical hit and it was easy after that :D)

Yeah, definitely. At the start of battle you have to carefully choose your tactics. Should I drink this Shield of Faith potion? Hmm, let me send Valerie in to draw attention and then flank with Amiri while my Archaeologist casts Hideous laughter on the big brute up front. It forces you to be a bit tactical which I love. I'm approaching every combat like an important one now on Challenging and I haven't died yet, which is very surprising considering I don't know the ruleset all that well, but I did play 100+ hours of the game before starting over. I am trying not to butcher my character builds too badly either. :D That makes a huge difference.

Hope it does not bug out for you. But please tell, if it does.

Had my first problem with kingdom management on automode. I failed a couple of incidients because I had no advisors assigned to them. You can't assign advisors in automode...

That might not necessarily be a bug, simply an ugly aspect of how kingdom management works.

If the system is on manual mode, you are sometimes also unable to assign advisors. That is, when they are all busy with some other task, so that the problem/opportunity runs out before they become available again.

That might not necessarily be a bug, simply an ugly aspect of how kingdom management works.

If the system is on manual mode, you are sometimes also unable to assign advisors. That is, when they are all busy with some other task, so that the problem/opportunity runs out before they become available again.

Or if you don't have an advisor who can do the job. Economist at first is empty until you get a certain character.

Yeah maybe that's the reason. Makes sense.

Welllll… the campaign is supposed to run for 10 years after all… ;)

(but no, not there yet)

LOL. Are we certain they've actually finished making Chapter 5 yet?

I just hit something called a Troll Invasion, so I suspect I'm far from even approaching the fifth chapter. Loving every single minute of the game though, these guys have won me over for life.

Back
Top Bottom