General News - RPGs of 2018

I guess if modern graphics is your primary standard for defining RPGs, then basically the only upcoming RPGs are:
<snip>
Cyberpunk 2077
<snip>

That's probably stretching the 'upcoming' label a bit, considering that 2019 (not 2018) would probably be considered an optimistic prediction of its release date (and it could be out in 2020 or 2021 instead).

CP77 is THE game I'm waiting for. Can't await until CDPR releases some info about it.
(Although I'm a little disappointed that if it follows the Cyberpunk 2020 tabletop it won't have any magic at all.)

Neverwinter Nights: EE should be out this year, right?

It probably will. Not really sure it should be called a 2018 RPG though since basically all the content was released in 2002, they're just "optimizing" it to run on modern systems. Unless of course they release an expansion pack aka premium module, but that almost certainly won't happen this year.

That's probably stretching the 'upcoming' label a bit, considering that 2019 (not 2018) would probably be considered an optimistic prediction of its release date (and it could be out in 2020 or 2021 instead).

True, but I expect many of the these games won't come out this year anyway.

Many might not consider Chasm RPG-ish enough, but I am looking forward to seeing it released this year.

Looking forward to (in that order):
  • Kingdom Come (much hype!)
  • Kingmaker
  • PoE 2
  • Vampyr
  • Copper Dreams
  • Phoenix Point
  • Greedfall (I feel like there hasn't been much info on this one though)
  • Sacred Fire

Also very anticipated (though not for the near future probably):
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • M&B: Bannerlord
  • ITS' "colony ship RPG" (blanking on the name)

Wait-and-see stance:
  • Bard's Tale IV
  • BattleTech
  • NWN EE

Back
Top Bottom