Brigand: Oaxaca - Version 2.0 released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Version 2.0 of the challenging FPS/RPG Brigand: Oaxaca has been released:

Version 2.0

I finally got the new version up and everything seems to be working. I would back up your save file if you have one, though, as the sub-directories have all changed to accommodate for multiple story files. It's probably fine, but better to be safe.

Included is a save converter, so if you want to continue your character from version 1, run that program first on the launch menu, select your character, and wait a few seconds.

Major changes include a new World Editor launch option. The world editor could still use some work, but you can play around with it and start creating your own stories. I still have to implement a way to upload files, but it will probably be a while before any content is ready anyway. I was planning to have a free example DLC story with this release, but that will have to wait a week or so. It will be a single-map defense challenge.

As for bug fixes, the upside-down texture bug is no more. The solution was so simple that I now spit at my reflection in the mirror every morning for not fixing it earlier. I also increased the max objects per map from 2000 to 5000, so feel free to hoard as many guns and beers as you want on any map -- it won't crash the game.

There's a whole lot of other fixes, too. Check the Brigand Updates text file in the game folder to see everything that's been updated.
More information.

This is freaky, I like this.

I've been to Oaxaca - don't remember much, except some awesome raw chocolate, but seems kind of weird to have the name in the title of a post-apoc. game. It's a smallish place, not like Mex City or New York - unless the monsters are chocoholics. It does roll off the tongue nicely though ;-)

Oaxaca is the name of the state as well as the city in it.

If anyone here has played this I'd be curious how it compares (gameplay & level of bugginess) to Boiling Point/Xenus & White Gold. I enjoyed both of those for what they are (once they were patched up) and this is giving me the same sort of feel.

Six bucks ain't bad but I'm cheap and don't really trust steam reviews...

Seems like a clunky ass hybrid od Deus Ex, Morrowind and Minecraft. :D I dunno why but I love bold concepts like such as this.

Back
Top Bottom