RIP Max von Sydow

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Rarely I get involved in RIP threads.
This time however we lost someone who brought upon us an enormous variety of characters, each unique, each the best of the best.

Here's just one (russian psychiatrist is getting a mass murderer to confess by making his profile and then reading it to him, NSFW!):

The films that stick in my head are Dune, Dreamscape and The Exorcist.

Been dreading this day. He and Christopher Lee both commanded respect. It was witnessing Max's performance that instilled Arnold with a greater reverence for the profession when he was starting out.

The films that stick in my head are Dune, Dreamscape and The Exorcist.

One of my favorite actors of all time. You mentioned Dreamscape. I thought I was the only one that loved Dreamscape. There were some fantastic actors in that movie.

No one mentioned Flash Gordan. Max was a fantastic villain in Flash.

RIP Max

Been dreading this day. He and Christopher Lee both commanded respect. It was witnessing Max's performance that instilled Arnold with a greater reverence for the profession when he was starting out.

Max and James Earl Jones would give Arnold acting tips and he would give them work out tips. That was a great deal for all three of those giants.

He was one of those guys who turned up in everything and most of the time you didn't even realise it was him. Looking through his IMDB I've seen loads of things he's been in but was never at the time "oh look, there's Max again". This is no bad thing as this is what actors are supposed to do.

He was the Three Eyed Raven in Game of Thrones? oh wow, never twigged.

I saw some of The Greatest Story Ever Told (1965) over Christmas, one of those legendary 60s sand and sandals epics, and I had no idea I was watching Max playing… OMG he was Jesus! The lead!

One of my favorite actors of all time. You mentioned Dreamscape. I thought I was the only one that loved Dreamscape. There were some fantastic actors in that movie.

No one mentioned Flash Gordan. Max was a fantastic villain in Flash.

RIP Max

An underrated film that managed to be good despite feeling very much like it was made in the 80s. I can't believe I forgot Ming the Merciless, though I remember his death scene well now…

Back
Top Bottom