What games are you playing now?

Did I mention I'm playing Dead State? With the 3 optional difficulty options enabled it's quite a doozy. Enjoying it. It's a difficult game so far and you really do have to weigh your options carefully. Shooting guns like it's the wild west and attracting zombies will literally be the death of you.

I can see how the game probably does not reach the full potential of the idea, and it does feel like a budget CRPG in some ways but they also did clever things to try and hide that fact. It's cool so far. You can feel the Brian Mitsoda touches.

I'm level 22 now in Diablo III, and I can safely say it's not going to be the game that converts me into a fan of that sub-genre.

I find it mildly entertaining though, and I'm pretty sure I'll at least finish the campaign. I can only play it in small chunks though. I start getting bored after about an hour.

I'm level 22 now in Diablo III, and I can safely say it's not going to be the game that converts me into a fan of that sub-genre.
My friend and I were co-oping the PS3 version and gave up about two thirds of the way through. While we're more into "fully fledged" RPGs, we quite like playing action RPGs together, but we got a bit bored with this one. Hell, we're playing Dungeon Lords at the moment and finding that more compelling, bugs n all.

I find it mildly entertaining though, and I'm pretty sure I'll at least finish the campaign. I can only play it in small chunks though. I start getting bored after about an hour.

I think thats the whole point of D3 - its great when you are short on time. Log on, blow up monsters for half an hour or so and log off.

Btw ESO is on sale (67% off steam!) so guess what I will be playing! ;) I get to find out whether it is brown or not myself :p

Playing the "System Rift" DLC for Deus Ex: MD. I'm only about 30 minutes in, but it seems interesting enough.

I finished the "Desperate Measures" DLC a few days ago. Enjoyable but very short. I think I finished it in little over an hour. At least it was free.

Playing the "System Rift" DLC for Deus Ex: MD. I'm only about 30 minutes in, but it seems interesting enough.

I finished the "Desperate Measures" DLC a few days ago. Enjoyable but very short. I think I finished it in little over an hour. At least it was free.

I'm hoping against hope that they will somehow be integrated into the main game in some special edition down the road.

I'm hoping against hope that they will somehow be integrated into the main game in some special edition down the road.

Certainly possible since those 2 DLC take place during the events of MD. The 3rd and final DLC would probably have to be a post-credits event.

Fwiw though, they all take place in new areas that aren't part of the main Prague hub.

I think thats the whole point of D3 - its great when you are short on time. Log on, blow up monsters for half an hour or so and log off.

Btw ESO is on sale (67% off steam!) so guess what I will be playing! ;) I get to find out whether it is brown or not myself :p

I will recommend against buying it on steam since I found out the hard way :(

If you buy the game on steam, you have buy expansion, eso+ etc all via steam forever. Steam version of ESO is not compatible with version you buy directly from Beth or retail like green man, humble etc.

So why not steam? ESO has always been cheap via Beth and retail compared to steam. If they release a new expansion like Morrowind again, you have to buy it on steam, you can't go some where else and activate the key on steam.

The morrowind expansion is £23 now on steam with sale on but you can get for £11.99 else where and this version does not work on steam! The normal price on places like amazon is £24.

Steam does the same thing to FF14 and FF14 is £35 on steam but it can be ahd for £20 on other places and the key from other places won't activate on steam and vice versa.

Yep, you can get stuck on that platform.

However, I could have bought Morrowind cheaper on Steam at one point with a voucher, so it's really half a dozen of one or the other.

But, if you might eventually go with a subscription, there is no Steam option for that. So I wouldn't buy on Steam for that reason alone.

But, if you might eventually go with a subscription, there is no Steam option for that. So I wouldn't buy on Steam for that reason alone.

Maybe a difference between US and EU Steam but my EU Steam is giving me the option to sub to TESO (at up to 15% off... see near bottom of pic)...

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 47
Hmm turns out I can't play ESO yet... I don't have enough hard drive space LOL. Damn... guess I will stick with TW3 for now...

Back
Top Bottom