Mars - Combat Trailer

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
We also received a press release on the combat trailer that has been released for Mars War Logs.
Over the past few weeks, Mars War Logs, the cyberpunk role-playing game by Spiders Studio, has unveiled part of its universe and characters through screenshots and videos. Today, we are proud to present its combat system through a brand new video.
Mars is an hostile planet, where many dangers lurk. Mutants, fanatical survivors, fearsome native creatures from Mars and huge, meters-long creatures are some of the dangerous enemies you will have to face in dynamic and intense battles. This 2 minute and a half video is a true survival guide, explaining in detail the combat system of Mars and the possibilities it opens to the player.
To vanquish your opponents, you will have a choice of skills. Choose from melee or ranged attacks, furtivity or Technomant arts, adopt the combat style fitting the situation and the enemies you are fighting. As a true RPG, Mars will let you distribute earned experience points (gained through combat or completed quests) in 3 skill trees, which are unveiled in this video. Players will then be able to specialize, for example in melee or ranged combat.
Weapons are precious and rare on Mars and give you an edge over your opponents: find and scavenge items and components, in order to improve your weapons and armors thanks to the craft system of the game. Finally, today's video also shows some of the powerful Technomants' powers. Choosing this path will let you unleash energy waves, lightnings, or create energy shields and electrify your weapons to make them even more lethal!
Mars War Logs will be released in Spring 2013 on Xbox LIVE®, PlayStation®Network and PC.

More information.

If this game has:
1. No endless respawns
2. No billions of Diablo-in-space-your-main-quest-is-to-kill-everything dungeons
3. An interesting: story, quests and puzzles

I just pinpointed my GOTY.
Unless Nuclear Union dethrones it…

In any case - WHERE DO I PREORDER?

Looks like a fun game. I'm going to keep my eyes on this :)

If there last three games are anything to go by there will be no more respawns Joxer. There games focus on story and the combat guides you through the level your on.

Looks like I'm going to Mars ;)

I guess I'm alone in being completely underwhelmed. Maybe I'm just sick to death of this actiony combat. Looks generic and commonplace to me.

Looks pretty, though....like the world needs another empty-headed blonde with implants.

Maybe I'm just getting old...

*patiently waits on his turn-based Kickstarters, amongst others on the horizon*

Amazing that in that alternative reality they managed to get to Mars without discovering firearms ... or at least noticing that guns can often be more effective than bludgeoning stuff using a blunt object.

Maybe the government banned firearms, that could have been a satisfying answer for many.

Noticed though you can get the common combo small fire arm plus bludgeon etc so...

A combat driven game in all cases. Which is going to be minced by cinematic sequences.

The setting is what really captured my attention. Decent scifi/cyberpunk rpg is the rarest thing. I'm in wait and see mode regarding gameplay. I doubt its going to be a heavy weight rpg, but I keep hoping that it has atleast same ammount of depth as deus ex / mass effect / dishonored type games.

im all in for the dialog and plot. But congrats to them for their awesome work that shows in the trailer

*patiently waits on his turn-based Kickstarters, amongst others on the horizon*

Me too - Was impressed by last update of Wasteland 2 and Xenonauts looks like it might be good, among others... This looks, at least from the demo, more like an action game with a few RPGy bits tacked on for good measure (but I may be wrong).

Me too - Was impressed by last update of Wasteland 2 and Xenonauts looks like it might be good, among others… This looks, at least from the demo, more like an action game with a few RPGy bits tacked on for good measure (but I may be wrong).

So every rpg has to be turn based or have old style systems just to be an rpg? There last four games were good. That's all that matters to me.

Turn-based was okay at the time because there was nothing else. Even in the early days, I thought it was hokey to wait a couple minutes between each swing of my +2 Sword. To me, it's not fun spending five minutes or more between turns fiddling with each member of my party to set up the next attack. Spell-casters and archers to the rear, tanks to the front, healers in the middle. Buzz-kill.

I really don't know much about this game except for what I've seen and read here. I can tell you this much, though.....I'll be buying it. And then playing it!!!

-Carn

Amazing that in that alternative reality they managed to get to Mars without discovering firearms … or at least noticing that guns can often be more effective than bludgeoning stuff using a blunt object.

Not to mention creating an atmosphere on Mars. That couldn't have been simple :)

Government ban doesn't seem too realistic either given firearms can be built in a garage.

I lack the coordination for this I'm afraid.

The combat reminds me a bit of the Arkham games. Not necesarily a bad thing, but definitely action focused.

Regarding the gun thing, they clearly do exist in the game, so I don't think that's an issue. Ultimately though, very few game worlds or rules systems survive any form of realistic scrutiny.

Back
Top Bottom