Gothic Gothic 1 Dialogue error.

Vibhor

Traveler
I have been playing gothic 1, I have got to the part where I need to collect the focus stones. Everything went smoothly except the monastry focus stone.
I got the focus stone easily enough but as soon as I came out of the room Gorn vanished somewhere. Ignoring him I started climbing up the side cliffs up to the top and saved the game.
After I resumed the game I am stuck in some kind of cutscene. I am assuming that it is Gorn trying to talk to me but he cannot get where I am and is just spinning around in circles.
Anybody got a fix for this?

I vaguely remember experiencing this bug. It's been a long time, but I think my method of fixing it was to just load a previous save game and to wait for Gorn to get closer before starting the cutscene.

I vaguely remember experiencing this bug. It's been a long time, but I think my method of fixing it was to just load a previous save game and to wait for Gorn to get closer before starting the cutscene.

While that is an option, my previous save is from a few hours back
Is there any alternative like using console to fix it or something?

EDIT: Just tried playing again.
It fixed itself. I loaded the save and walked down the cliff. Everything worked out fine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom