RIP Leonard Nimoy

dteowner

Shoegazer
Live long and prosper, Mr. Spock

RIP, Leonard Nimoy.

No link yet, but story is out on multiple locations.

I very rarely feel affected when an actor or celebrity dies - and I'm not even a very big Star Trek fan - but Nimoy struck me as a very sincere, humble person who impacted many lives in a positive manner. I will miss the occasions that I got to hear that wonderful, iconic voice.

Sad news.

I was fortunate to have met him twice, during the time when I was involved with conventions in the 80's and 90's. A nicer person you'd not be more likely to encounter. At least he is with Kelly and Doohan now, and a real shame he didn't make it to 50 years of Star Trek, which I believe occurs next year.

Live long and prosper.

"He's dead, Jim."

I once read an autobiography by him.
From this I got the impression that he was a nice person.

Maybe he awaits us now on a different plane of reality. ;)

Yes, sad news.

What a bummer I loved Star Trek and all the characters but especially Spock. This is one of the hard things about getting older; watching all your favorite entertainers/musicians from your youth get old and pass on.

A sad day, he will long be missed. LLAP Mr Spock!!

I hear word his family won't shed a tear for him

"He's dead, Jim."

I once read an autobiography by him.
From this I got the impression that he was a nice person.

Maybe he awaits us now on a different plane of reality. ;)

I read "I am Spock" when that slew of books came out from the cast members. It was apology for his previous book "I am not Spock" and he had largely overcome the bitterness of the typecasting he went through by embracing it as something he couldn't change. He also talked about the effect it had on personal life, how in real life the habits he had gone through with the character accidentally affected him outside of the set. I noticed he tended to get mixed up too in his memory of events :).

RIP

As a kid, when we played Star Trek, we all wanted to be Spock not Kirk.

This is one of the fondest memories I have with my brothers. After watching we would play act the show out. I would either be Scotty or Sulu even though I would be more like Spock later in real life.

Anyone else ever notice the connection between the Jedi and the Vulcans - how obvious it was made in in the SW prequels? Can anyone guess where whom the Vulcans and Jedi were inspired from?

No guess at all from my perspective….. Leonard told me in 1984 that he'd come up with the Vulcan hand symbol from a Jewish ceremony he witnessed as a child. He admitted that he didn't always pay attention at prayer time, but that ceremony stuck with him. So, I think the idea of Vulcans pretty much came from the Jewish faith.

No idea about Star Wars and Jedi.....I pretty much gave up on the series after Empire, that was the pinnacle. After that, my guys lost. =xxxx

so..being tired makes me pedantic. I was getting at the Bene Gesserit from Dune.

Really sad, he was truly great.

Hope a lot of people listen to his last message "Do not smoke"

Elite and Star Citizen are both building in-game monuments to him.

Back
Top Bottom