Reality Substitution

rsq215

Traveler
Hi, I'm Nick and I am currently studying, as a gamer myself, video games for my master thesis. Would you help me complete and graduate university by filling out my questionnaire about your experiences with video gaming and a few additional things??

https://www.enquetesmaken.nl/s/b0b08c8

Eternal Gratitude!! Nick

Hi, I'm Nick and I am currently studying, as a gamer myself, video games for my master thesis. Would you help me complete and graduate university by filling out my questionnaire about your experiences with video gaming and a few additional things??

https://www.enquetesmaken.nl/s/b0b08c8

Eternal Gratitude!! Nick

Sorry...

Filled.

There were some ... wordings ... which I didn't understzand, maybe my English is not that good ?

I had to look up "to fly off the handle", for example. I didn't know this expression yet.

I wonder whether a more simple form of English would be better suited for an international audience ? But I might be wrong as well, because maybe I'm just not so good in "everyday English" ...

I've tried to fill it, but I just can't.
Some questions are... Not quite possible to answer. For example:
I know how my character feels, even when this is not explicitly mentioned or stated.

This could be asked for specific heavy story driven RPG. But if the player is onto Skyrim or some pathetic MMO, cmon. Also, it can be asked for example Dragon Age 3 where the game was developed with emotions in mind, but in stuff like Arcania where all characters are basically emotionless dolls, there is absolutely no need to care for emotions, you just click2win and are (trying to) having fun with that.

Or this:
At the end of a session of playing a video game intensely, I am always slightly disoriented for short periods of time (seconds to minutes).

Erm, I honestly don't play simulators nor with VR gadgets and thus I don't experience anything like that (probably would if some game contained flashing photoepileptic hazzard scenery). And also my games don't run on 30 and below FPS so...

I suggest rewriting the questionaire with some focusing on specific genre or platform. Will fill it.

Back
Top Bottom