Shadowrun: Hong Kong - More Reviews

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
NZGamer and Gamebanshee have reviewed Shadowrun: HongKong, too:

NZGamer:

Overall however, Shadowrun: Hong Kong is a really enjoyable play. The Hong Kong setting gives a new thematic twist for the series that feels well fleshed-out and interesting, and the increasingly strange mystery you get caught up in makes for a great experience.

Definitely one for newbs and phreaks alike.

Score: 8.5 Great

Gamebanshee:

So far I've enjoyed all of Harebrained Schemes' Shadowrun games. They've all been inexpensive, interesting, and well-made, and they all given multiple ways of completing objectives and dealing with enemies, which is always nice. Shadowrun: Hong Kong is no exception, and better yet, it's the longest of the three. It took me 40 hours to complete it, which is about as long as it took me to finish the first two games combined. Of course, I'm something less than a speed reader, so your mileage may vary. But if you enjoy isometric turn-based RPGs, and if you don't mind reading, then Shadowrun: Hong Kong is definitely a game to check out.
More information.

I did enjoy this one quite a bit; as with Berlin it was far better than the Dead Man Switch campaign. Was most impressed with how many ways *most* missions could play out diverging from start to finish based on how you proceeded. Some did seem to boil down to a couple diverging paths that converged more or less to finish the same, but the stand-outs are their best work by far.

Best one so far, and I loved Dragonfall. I liked the addition that you could change inventory on your followers and choose special skills for them. And the fact that I never had enough money to buy everything I wanted!

But….how on earth did he take 40 hours to finish the campaign? I've got 26 hours logged and I talked to everyone, did all side content and probably left the game running for a couple of hours while not playing. I'm a pretty fast reader but he took twice the amount of time I did… I used very few reloads though. The only battle that proved a real challenge was one where I didn't want to pick either side, if you've played through you know which one I'm talking about and if you didn't I don't want to spoil by elaborating.

good to hear

Back
Top Bottom