Skyrim Skyrim is perfect??

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
I became a werewolf last night. It's not as fun as I was expecting and having to re-dress myself after waking up in the nude is a pain. I noticed too that resting no longer restores health when you're a werewolf, but that's not such a big deal what with the auto regeneration and such.

Speaking of health though, everyone keeps telling me I look sick (in Skyrim this is, not real life) - does anyone else get that? I've chugged a few cure disease potions and checked for negative effects in my magic menu, etc. Nothing.

Some NPCs will always say you look sick, such as Arcadia the alchemist from Whiterun. She always says I look pale, and it may be some such disease I have, etc, but I have none. I don't think it's a glitch, it's just a random comment, a misdiagnosis if you will.

I haven't had a disease yet to see what they say when you actually are sick. I would hope the responses are more severe though.

Some NPCs will always say you look sick, such as Arcadia the alchemist from Whiterun.

Yes she's one of the main offenders, but I guess she has a vested interest in my being a hypochondriac.

I'd prefer though that people were making more comments about my awesome deeds, not telling me I look a little pale.

Anyone become a vampire or werewolf yet?
I became werewolf quite near the beginning of my playthrough and I´d say you really don´t loose anything if you become one, at least.
Unlike in Bloodmoon, you don´t transform automatically into werewolf at given time, in Skyrim it´s a one use per day power instead (the one per day restriction can be alleviated via a side quest), which lasts for 3 minutes and can be prolonged by feeding on corpses.

Along with it you get two passive effects which apply to you whether in werewolf form or not - one is disease immunity (which doesn´t work 100% reliably - I got at least one disease since, but given how long I´ve played the game it´s a non-issue) and you can´t get the well rested bonus for sleeping which is supposed to be a con, but since I don´t want to level too fast anyway, it´s not one for me.

Can´t comment reliably on how well the transformation performs in combat - it´s third person-only which is quite a deal breaker for me - but judging by the few times I´ve tried it, I think it has some situational uses. Fast running speed may come in handy in some encounters, the leap power attack deals a good amount of damage and the form has a roar ability which may scare enemies.
One thing to note though, the applicability is also limited by the fact you can´t use inventory or cast spells while in the form and the only way to heal is to feed on dead bodies.
It doubles your health I believe,.
It increases health and stamina by 100, which is one of the reasons why it´s only situational, even more so on higher difficulties.

I´ve noticed that killing people in werewolf form doesn´t net any bounty so it may also come in handy in some Dark Brotherhood quests, for example.

As for whether it can be cured or not:
it can

As I see it, you get immunity to diseases and some possible situational uses at zero maintenance :).

Last edited:
Werewolf is out then. Doesn't sound that interesting. Vampire might be in as long as I don't sparkle in the sunlight :)

I like so far the leveling though and agree with Bethesda.I feel its very well done.

If anyone wants and likes to play in 3rd person,there is a 3rd person mod out there that I took and tweaked to my liking.The mod had lowered the view and so arrows were not hitting were they should be etc.Just add this to the bottom of your Skyrim.ini and if you do not like erase the part you added and save again.

[Camera]
fOverShoulderCombatAddY=0.0000
fOverShoulderCombatPosZ=20.0000
fOverShoulderCombatPosX=0.0000
fOverShoulderPosZ=25.0000
fOverShoulderPosX=0.0000
fOverShoulderHorseAddY=-300.0000
fOverShoulderHorsePosZ=0.0000
fOverShoulderHorsePosX=0.0000

where did you get this please?

Skyrim is excellent so far. I've had one single crash in 24 hours play. That's pretty solid.

I'm playing Nord warrior (seems like a logical choice for a first play through) and it's usually pretty easy, even on one level difficulty above default (can't remember the name). Still, I run into things that kill me over and over, and I have to do something else and try later. Just about right.

Changing the field of view to 90 helped a lot. One odd thing I notice is that the first person view seems a little short, like I'm looking out of the character's neck or upper chest. Anyone know how to fix that... make the camera walk around a little higher?

Back
Top Bottom