RPGWatch - Official Game of the Decade Voting

Let’s get back on topic.
Did people PM their vote after lackblogger’s last call? Did @Myrthos sent his?
Just 8 days left to vote.
Of course I have :)

Why do we have to have a game of the decade? Can't we just ack some games were really bad and the rest weren't as bad ?
There certainly is no higher goal we want to achieve with having a Game of the Decade. It is just a list and is a bit of fun, both in the voting process and the actual results.
I personally don't think the actual results matter. Just like the actual results in the GOTY don’t matter much. They are just some lists, which look differently when using a different algorithm. For me the discussions surrounding it are more important than the list.

Lackblogger volunteered to do all the work and I give him credits for that. Nobody else stepped up and without any volunteers, there would be no GOTD list.

Last edited:
There certainly is no higher goal we want to achieve with having a Game of the Decade. It is just a list and is a bit of fun, both in the voting process and the actual results.
I personally don't think the actual results matter. Just like the actual results in the GOTY matter much. They are just some lists, which look differently when using a different algorithm. For me the discussions surrounding it are more important than the list.

Lackblogger volunteered to do all the work and I give him credits for that. Nobody else stepped up and without any volunteers, there would be no GOTD list.

Exactly, I ran from such responsibility, @lackblogger; is to be commended...... and then totally ripped apart when we don’t like the results.:biggrin:

There is just one week to go for the following people to get your vote in for this poll. Plenty of time, for sure, but also not really that much time left!
@Silver;
@joxer;
@They Live;
@Mosaic;
@rjshae;
@mercy;
@KaosWarMonk;
@ikbenrichard;
@sakichop;
@Andrew23;
@fadedc;
@you;
@Arkadia7;
@Alrik Fassbauer;
@JDR13;
@SirJames;
@TheRealFluent;
@mat9813004;
@a pibbur;
@Kasga
@Arhu;
@FizzyShellfish;
@Wastelanderr;
@Mercedes;
@Pongo;
@Corwin;
@zahratustra;
@azraelck;
@dteowner;
@Peter Stauffenberg;
@Cm;
@fragonard;
@vurt;
@Kylex;
@axellslade;
@rune_74;
@SpoonFULL;
@gabrielarantest;
@SSIGuy;
@khaight;
@Kylex;
@Dolby;
@ChienAboyeur;
@screeg;
@Terry;
@fatknacker50;
@spiraling69;
@DarkELVES;
@Skally Wag
@Heckle;
@Mordegar;
@booboo;
@theSHEEP
@duerer;
@danutz_plusplus;
@Tactician;
@DoctorNarrative;
@Dez;
@xSamhainx;
@Ragnaris;
@Ursusdraconis;
@redman5427;
@Thrasher;
@Jaz;
@BoboTheMighty;
@mbuddha;
@Gokyabgu;
@Zephyr;
@srabuseen;

And anyone else I've missed out.

I can assure you, every vote counts and there are some deliciously close calls you most certainly will effect when you vote!

And a post to fix the typos and add a couple more:
@kazga; @skally_wag; @TheSHEEEP; @ds77; @Dhraiden;

For me the discussions surrounding it are more important than the list.
Especially the discussions about the vote counting process. ;)

I'm more interested in comments after the vote result list is published. :D

As I noted in the GOTY thread, I had missed out on Disco Elysium last year and plan to play it this year but might have totally missed it without the Watch and my general respect for the opinions of many here.

So I am hoping for a similar thing here - I *think* I know most of the core games, and certainly recognize most everything listed in this thread - but look forward to how stuff falls out.

I won't be voting as I have not played enough games during this particular decade to make a list. I talk more about games than actually play them, I'm afraid. :p Plus, I must admit I'm not a fan of these sorts of lists in general. I'm weird in that way, because I know they are generally popular.

Got to say, it was quite a tough list to put together. Not exactly a great decade for gaming at all. FAR too many overhyped, movie-driven games which treat the player as an afterthought.

I won't be voting as I have not played enough games during this particular decade to make a list. I talk more about games than actually play them, I'm afraid. :p Plus, I must admit I'm not a fan of these sorts of lists in general. I'm weird in that way, because I know they are generally popular.

Don't be shy! Many people have only voted for between 1 and 3 games, you would not be considered a minority or weird for doing to the same.

I know, I know, lists suck from a philosophical PoV, but they do have lots of practical uses, and by lots I mean… I could provide a long list of them :D

So, g'won, g'won, g'won, just one wafer thin game, slip it in my box, I promise I wont laugh…

My picks would be boring ones anyway, to be honest. Obvious choices like The Witcher 3. Oh and Wasteland 2, though I loved that game, many rpg gamers didn't seem to like it as much as I did, if at all. I just am strange and hate certain things like "bests lists" which are super popular and that itself can put me off. For example, I haven't ever seen movies like "The Titanic" and "Avatar" on purpose, just on account that they were mega-popular.

My picks would be boring ones anyway, to be honest. Obvious choices like The Witcher 3. Oh and Wasteland 2, though I loved that game, many rpg gamers didn't seem to like it as much as I did, if at all. I just am strange and hate certain things like "bests lists" which are super popular and that itself can put me off. For example, I haven't ever seen movies like "The Titanic" and "Avatar" on purpose, just on account that they were mega-popular.

Awesome, so just pop those two into a PM to me and job done!

As I noted in the GOTY thread, I had missed out on Disco Elysium last year and plan to play it this year but might have totally missed it without the Watch and my general respect for the opinions of many here.

I too missed it last year and plan to play it sometime in the future. One suggestion: If we have this same vote 10 years from now *knocks on wood*, can we also include the games released in 2019? I missed a lot of games in 2019 and will play them this or the next year so I didn't vote for them in the GOTY and GOTD votes.

Thanks lackblogger for the @ reminders.

Ok, I've read through the entire list and going by the dubious method of seeing what titles made me smile and think "Maybe that one?" I came up with the following list
"Made me smile" is a perfect criterion. Going to copy that. And since I haven't played too many games the list is quite short.

[Weight] Name
  • [1.0] Divinity: Original Sin
  • [1.0] Divinity: Original Sin 2
  • [1.0] Drakensang: River of Time
  • [1.0] Might & Magic X: Legacy
  • [1.0] Pathfinder: Kingmaker
  • [0.5] Expeditions: Conquistador
  • [0.5] King's Bounty: Crossworlds
  • [0.5] Pillars of Eternity
  • [0.5] Shadowrun Returns

Honorable mentions: FTL and Into the Breach.

I can't believe I forgot about it

I've added West of Loathing and its expansion, Reckonin' at Gun Manor to the top of my list

278 posts in this thread. I'm sure we have also (at least) 278 voters then. Right. right?

Back
Top Bottom